Job SummaryTHIS POSITION IS PART TIME WORKING AN AVERAGE OF 19 HOURS PER WEEK.This position will not Transition to a Full Time position.
The purpose of this position is to assist the City Manager's Office or other departments with special projects, research, program analysis, data collection, and project management as assigned. Perform in an intern capacity learning city management functions and responsibilities of senior management. Serve on community projects, boards/commissions, or committees and management related decisions.Essential Job Functions
Minimum QualificationsCurrently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited university, with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher. Preferance in Juniors & Seniors working towards a Public Administration Degree.
- Plan and execute various projects as needed for the City Manager's Office and department directors including conducting research by a variety of means via examination of government records, use of the internet, and performing statistical analysis.
- Represent the City in the community (boards, committees, organizations, and public functions) or within city departments as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare written correspondence to various external agencies; communicate with the public regarding complaints, concerns, and requests for information.
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports and correspondence based on research or on special projects needs. May be required to complete studies, analysis, presentations, surveys etc. to accomplish tasks received.
- May be required to coordinate and direct activities of other staff members on project related work.
- Provides customer service by providing information and directions as requested; completes routine office duties by answering phones, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- THIS POSITION IS PART TIME WORKING AN AVERAGE OF 19 HOURS PER WEEK. This position will not Transition to a Full Time position, please apply if you are looking for a part-time position.
- Must be interested in a career in local government.
- Experience: Under and including one year.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Receives general direction: The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees across the organization in writing, verbally, and in social forums.
Closing Date/Time: 1/31/2020 5:00 PM Central