BUILDING INSPECTOR IVTHIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Thisrecruitment will be open for a minimum of five (5) business days, and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (PST)
on the day the County's needs are met.
This recruitment will establish an open
eligible list and will be used to fill immediate and future Building Inspector IV positions. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. OC PUBLIC WORKS
OC Public Works is a unique County department comprised of 10 service areas, each of which directly impacts the quality of life for Orange County residents and the private sector. OC Public Works provides services on a regional basis to unincorporated areas, cities, and other County agencies and departments. The primary mission of the department is to ensure quality of service today and quality of life tomorrow. In addition, our vision is to be a world class leader of innovative, professional and quality public works services.
Click here for more information about OC Public Works
Click here for more information about the County of Orange THE OPPORTUNITY
OC Public Works is seeking Building Inspector IV's who can perform inspections of new and remodeled residential and commercial structures during construction and upon completion to ensure compliance with various building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing codes; assume the duties of Supervising Building Inspector when absent; and perform other work as assigned.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will possess the following core competencies:TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- County of Orange Codified Ordinances
- California Building Codes, CAL OSHA safety requirements
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements
- Ability to review and address improvement projects forNPDEScompliance
- At least one valid International Code Council (ICC) certification
- Methods, materials and equipment used in vertical construction
- Communicate effectively, tactfully and maintain effective working relationships with departmental staff, management, engineering firms, construction and building trades, other agencies, utility companies, contractors and the general public
- Approach problems and decisions methodically with an appropriate level of concern for County and Management perspective
- Analyze, research, organize, accurately interpret and apply relevant data to issues or problem projects
- Identify issues accurately along with impacts and solutions
- Possession of a valid Residential International Code Council (ICC) certification in either building, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical is required.
- Possess a valid California Driver's license, Class C or higher, by date of appointment, and must maintain throughout employment.
to learn about the minimum qualifications for theBuilding Inspector IV classification.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision sufficient to read standard text, handwriting, plans, computer monitor, fine text and charts with fine lines; speak and hear well enough to converse in person, on the telephone, by two-way radio and in a loud environment; body mobility to climb in and out of a standard pick-up truck, walk on irregular terrain, stairs and varying surfaces, climb ladder, scaffolding and poles to inspect work, bend, stoop, twist, reach, and stand with little movement for long periods of time; manual dexterity to write, the ability to drive a vehicle, and possess the physical strength to lift up to 30 pounds.RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen applications and supplemental responses for those minimum and desirable qualifications that are most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Structured Oral Interview
(Weighted 100%): Candidates will be interviewed and rated by a qualification appraisal panel of job knowledge experts. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION:Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile atwww.governmentjobs.com
.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Arleen Berberoglu
or (714) 667-9608.
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous