COMPREHENSIVE CARE NURSE II
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following date:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment isopen to the public
and will remain open for a minimum of five (5) business days.This recruitment will be open on acontinuousbasis and will close at11:59p.m. (PST)
on the day the County's needs are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
This list will be used to fill current and future Comprehensive Care Nurse II positions within the Health Care Agency, Correctional Health Services. This eligible list may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
First round of considerations: Monday, October 28, 2019 THE OPPORTUNITY:
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency
is hiring experienced Registered Nurses who are committed to provide skilled nursing to medical and mental health clients in a jail setting.
The current openings are in the following Programs within Correctional Health Services (CHS)
: Adult Correctional Health Services (ACHS)
The ACHS program provides medical, dental, nursing, infection control, health education and pharmaceutical services at a community standard of care and also provides mental health services including 24-hour emergency triage and crisis intervention, suicide prevention, treatment beds, individual and group therapy, substance abuse counseling, medication assessment and discharge planning to all adult inmates in the County's five (5) correctional facilities.
The Comprehensive Care Nurse II assigned to ACHS will perform the following specialized duties:
- Obtain vital signs such as; temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and pain scale assessment
- Perform Comprehensive and focused physical assessments and refer to higher level of care as necessary, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive history taking
- Interpreting vital signs and physical assessment results
- Wound Care
- Documenting in Subjective-Objective-Assessment-Plan (SOAP)format on electronic health record
- Implementing standardized nursing protocols
- Monitoring outcomes
Review of health records, summarize and synthesize client information and give comprehensive hand off at shift change or outside facility transfers utilizing discharge summary form or verbal report Maintain assigned work areas every shift Participate in staff development and educational programs to maintain professional competency Participate in 5150 training; must pass and maintain certification (Training will be provided)
Other work as assignedThe ACHS facility is a 24 hour, 7 day a week facility, incumbents must be able to work on weekends, evenings or night shift and holidays. Nursing staff work six (6), twelve (12) hour shifts, and one eight (8) hour shift per two (2) week pay period. Days off are every other weekend and rotating week days.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate must possess extensive experience in the following core competencies:Nursing Expertise and Knowledge of:
Adaptability, Compassion, Critical Thinking and Safety:
- Complexity of clients with chronic illness that are medical and mental health related, such as; substance abuse disorders, etc.
- Common medical and mental health complaints of incarcerated clients including but not limited to: substance use disorders and its complications, anxiety, depression, chronic illness, etc.
- Performance of nursing care based on Federal and State Standards
- Performing triage and assessment competently
- Making sound clinical decisions
- Performing emergency medical and mental health nursing care
- Providing nursing care to pregnant clients and other critically ill clients needing specialized care
- Willing and having the ability to testify competently, if subpoenaed by court
- Using technology and other healthcare related systems effectively
- Working effectively in a changing and stressful environment, and making adjustments as necessary
- Reducing jail-related liability risks by being compliant with Federal, State laws and mandated standards
- Developing resiliency by maintaining energy, tenacity, and continuously provide compassionate care in fulfilling correctional nursing responsibilities
- Managing multiple clients needing triage effectively and efficiently
- Being aware of any environmental hazards while working inside the facility
- Being alert and aware of personal safety and security while providing care and/or treatment to medical and mental health clients
- Working collaboratively and communicate professionally at all times
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Click here
- Incumbents are required to pass a comprehensive background investigation prior to a formal offer and acceptance of employment
- Applicants must not have felony convictions or be on any form of probation
- Must be able to pass and maintain background investigation to the satisfaction of the Orange County Sheriff-Coroner. Background screening includes; completing of a Personal History Form, interview with a background investigator, fingerprinting and may include a polygraph test. Some of the areas considered in the background screening include prior convictions, traffic violations, drug use and credit problems, employment history, professional references and education verification (i.e. degree, license, or official transcripts. Foreign degrees require an evaluation of U.S. equivalency by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (N.A.C.E.S.)
- The Correctional facilities is a 24 hour, 7 day a week facility, incumbents must be able to work on weekends, evenings or night shift and holidays
to view the minimum qualifications forComprehensive Care Nurse II as well as the physical characteristics and mental requirements, environmental and working conditions.RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum and desirable qualifications. After screening, candidates who meet the minimum and desirable qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process.Application Screening| (Refer/Non-Refer):
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those candidates that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Online Assessment | Technical Skill Assessment (Weighted 100%):
Qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a job-related assessment. Candidates will be notified of their date and access code, if applicable. Only the more qualified candidates will be placed on the eligible list.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
: Once all assessments have been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Email Notification Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
.Frequently Asked Questions
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contactLinny Pham
@ (714) 834-7324 or LiPham@ochca.com
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous