About Our Job
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 64.5 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
DEN Real Estate oversees a portfolio of 34,000 acres of land, of which 16,000 are available for commercial development. We recently completed a Strategic Land Use and Development Plan that will guide development for the next 20 years and more. This plan designates districts that are the most desirable areas from a cost, accessibility and visibility stand point and will accommodate a range of market sectors. Sitting at the global mid-point between Tokyo and Frankfurt and in the center of the United States, DEN Real Estate offers development opportunities with unrivaled access.
Denver International Airport is seeking a Senior Vice President of Real Estate Development (SVP) within the DEN Real Estate business unit to provide a leadership role in the development of on-airport commercial land. The SVP serves on the DEN leadership team and will interact frequently with the airport's executive team.
The SVP is responsible for the management of the landside real estate development activities at the airport and their integration with the DEN Real Estate strategic land use plan. These areas include landside site development planning, development, and implementation and other landside development and construction activities. The SVP will grow the Airport's market acceptance and horizontal and vertical implementation within these portfolios, build key customer relationships, and identify real estate recruitment opportunities. He/she will also work internally to build collaborative relationships focused on increasing revenue opportunities, managing efficient expense budgets and delivering capital development projects.
The SVP will also lead and manage airport staff involved in promoting the orderly growth, development and improvement of the Airport's land holdings through market analysis, procurement, revenue generation through ground leases, operational processes and procedures, economic analysis, operational budgeting, final construction permitting, and may include participation in marketing and project delivery implementation.
Additional duties include:
- Lead, direct and manage responsible staff, support the Chief Real Estate Officer (CREO) in project implementation and strategy, as well as represent the City's positions, initiatives and interests.
- Maintain and advance potential prospects for land development and develop and execute a robust process and schedule for land to be released for development through the airport's procurement processes.
- Develop and evaluate concepts regarding planning, and internal and external development processes that are supportive to the overall vision and mission of the Airport, the City and region, in accordance with the Airport's aeronautical core mission, and all federal rules and regulation under which the Airport operates.
- Collaborate on initiatives with stakeholders across the Airport and within the City.
- Ensure all budgets remain at or below established targets.
- Coordinates division revenue and expenditure goals and objectives with the executive management team and the airport's Chief Financial Officer.
- Form strategic partnerships and lead coordination and outreach efforts with tenant and community stakeholders and collaborates with the government and community affairs team on outreach efforts to business and political leaders, adjacent municipalities, and neighbors in regional economic development efforts.
- Foster an atmosphere of innovation in order to challenge the organization to think creatively, especially as it relates to positive passenger experience opportunities.
- Coach, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development and succession planning. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees to achieve or exceed performance metrics and prepare them for the future.
- Ensures divisions accomplish annual work plans, strategic initiatives, and performance standards.
We are looking for a leader with superb business and political acumen, sound understanding of strategic business practices, is outcome oriented, has experience working with staff at all levels, and a proven track record of excellent performance within a very complex enterprise. We are also looking for a team player and innovative thinker. In addition, our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 10 plus years of real estate development, infrastructure, land use entitlements and project management experience
- 10 plus years of Senior-level management experience in regional planning, urban planning, development or construction or project/program management
- Public and private sector experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the specific functional or operational area.
- Experience: Three (3) years of management level work experience which must have included managing professional level staff specific to the functional or operational area in the field of study. One (1) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision-making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects, operations or functions.
- Licensures/Certification(s): This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CA2775 Deputy Manager Aviation
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$130,132.00 - $208,211.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here