The San Mateo Medical Center is seekingDental Hygienists
. San Mateo Medical Center is part of San Mateo County Health and is located in San Mateo County, California, just south of San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of clinical experience, and is bilingual in Spanish and English (not required). Services are performed in a hospital-based clinic and general clinic settings. As a result, dental services are integrated with health system processes and infrastructure support including electronic health records, medical dictation and the availability of dental and medical specialists in both the hospital and satellite clinics.
Besides being a full-scope Medical Center and Hospital, the San Mateo Medical Center operates five dental clinics located in San Mateo (39th Avenue Clinic), Redwood City (Fair Oaks HealthCenter - FOHC), Daly City (Daly City Clinic- DCC), Half Moon Bay (Coastside Clinic - COA), and a Mobile Dental Clinic (MDC). These clinics treat children and adults, homeless and transitional populations, and patients with HIVdiagnosis.
All Clinics are open Monday through Friday, 8AMto 5 PM, with someevenings, and some Saturday hours.There is an oral surgeon at the San Mateo facility every Wednesday, at FOHC every Monday, and at Coastside one day per month. At FOHC and MDC, there is a special clinic where patients are treated by University of Pacific Third Year Residents. UCSF Dental School students rotate through FOHC. Foothill Dental Hygiene students rotate through FOHS, MDC, and COA. Pregnant women on Medi-Cal can also obtain dental services in all of the clinics. Additionally, San Mateo Medical Centeroversees dental care for correctional health.NOTE:Extra-help assignments are at-will and the employee is paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra-help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment.
Examples Of Duties Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate oral hygiene of patients and make referrals for treatment.
- Analyze dental health needs; assist groups in planning and promoting dental health education programs and establish programs to accomplish educational goals and objectives.
- Prepare and/or review written and audio-visual materials for use in or to promote dental health programs, including curriculum guides for schools.
- Supervise assigned personnel and volunteers involved in dental health education activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a California License as a Registered Dental Hygienist.
- Principles, practices and techniques of oral hygiene.
- Dental diseases and related preventive and corrective measures.
- Dental health education principles and practices.
- General behavior modification principles.
- Principles of program planning and evaluation.
- Instruct individuals and groups in the proper techniques of oral hygiene.
- Plan and conduct in-service training programs.
- Plan, implement and evaluate dental health education programs.
- Conduct dental screenings and evaluating children's oral hygiene.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate and deal effectively with community groups, the public, professional personnel and school children.
- Write and speak effectively.
Application/Examination This is an Extra Help recruitment. Anyone may apply.
Thorough and detailed responses to the supplementalquestions must be submitted in addition to the standard San Mateo County employment application. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire.The department will screen application materials, and they will contact qualified candidates directly for a departmental interview.This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted five days in advance on this job announcement.
Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online.
If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the"Apply"
above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go tohttps://jobs.smcgov.org
to apply. TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE:
Final Filing Date: Continuous until filled
Departmental Interviews: Continuous until filledAt the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HR Contact: Wendy Young (100319) (Dental Hygienist)