COMPREHENSIVE CARE NURSE II(Crisis Stabilization Unit) Night Shift (12:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.) SALARY INFORMATION
Comprehensive Care Nurse II |$44.56 - $56.88 Hourly
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following date:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Salary may be negotiablewithin the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public and being held to establish an open eligible list to fill current and future Comprehensive Care Nurse II positions within the Health Care Agency. The current opportunity is in Crisis Stabilization Unit within Behavioral Health Services. This recruitment may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications.
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of five business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (P.S.T.) on the day the County's needs are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately for first consideration. Candidates who are placed on the eligible list will remain on the eligible list for six (6) monthsand be considered/referred for selection/hiring interviews. After six (6) months, candidatesmust reapply to receive further consideration. First Round of Consideration
will be on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, an executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five service areas - Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory and Medical Services, and Public Health is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES (BHS)
The Behavioral Health Services
provides a culturally competent and client-centered system of behavioral health services for all eligible county residents in need of treatment for alcohol and other drug abuse and mental health care.THE PROGRAM
The Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) provides emergency psychiatric evaluation and crisis stabilization to adults ages 18 and older on a 24-hour, 7-day per-week basis. Crisis stabilization includes crisis intervention, medication administration, consultation with significant others and outpatient providers, and linkage and/or referral to follow-up care and community resources.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Comprehensive Care Nurse II in Health Care Agency's Crisis Stabilization Unit provides crisis intervention and crisis stabilization for persons experiencing a psychiatric emergency.
Under general direction from the Senior Comprehensive Care Nurse, the CSU Comprehensive Care Nurse will be responsible for the following:
- Performing comprehensive client assessments including mental status exam
- Obtaining client's mental health history/collateral information from family to assess health care needs
- Responding to medical or psychiatric emergency situations
- Providing crisis intervention, education, and support to clients
- Participating in management of assaultive or violent clients
- Administering medications as prescribed by a physician and monitoring client's response to treatment
- Conducting inventory and proper storage of client's property
- Discharging clients and referring clients to appropriate level of care
- Maintaining accurate and thorough medical and mental records of services delivered to clients
- Reviewing referrals from the community
- Coordinating transfers to inpatient psychiatric beds
- Evaluating 5150 applications written in the community
- Explaining County programs and procedures to stakeholders and providers
- Proper documentation and charting
The positions in this program will work ten (10), eight (8) hourshifts from 12:00a.m.to 8:30a.m.per two (2) week pay period.Thepositions in this program will also work every other weekend and holidays as needed.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will have emergency psychiatric experience and/or crisis experience.Candidates with experience in applying Non-Violent Crisis Intervention techniques and knowledge of designated facility (locked psychiatric unit) is highly desirable, but not required. Bilingual skills in threshold languages are also desirable for this position.
The successful candidate will also have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following competency areas:
- Safety and Quality of Care:Knowledge of the health status and mental illness of the patient, making appropriate decisions when caring for patients and their families, and ensuring patient's safety, privacy and comfort.
- Resources and Environment:Identifying tasks that need to be completed and ensuring that medical equipment performs adequately, and maintaining safety in the environment.
- Health Education:Assessing the educational needs of the patient and family, developing and implementing health education plans and learning materials, and evaluating the outcome of education administered.
- Quality Improvement:Identifying areas for improvement, participating in nursing rounds and audits, staying aware of variances in treatment, and recommending solutions to improve quality.
- Records Management:Maintaining appropriate documentation using the appropriate system and staying within legal boundaries in the area of patient privacy.
- Communication:Establishing communication with the patient and treatment team, learning to read verbal and nonverbal cues, using visual aids and other resources when necessary, responding to patient and group needs, and effectively using technology to facilitate communication.
- Teamwork:Establishing beneficial working relationships with peers and colleagues and communicating care plans with health team members.
- Interpersonal Skills:Maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, police, hospitals, and other agencies in the community in order to facilitate and coordinate services to clients.
Please click here
to view the minimum qualifications for Comprehensive Care Nurse II as well as the physical, mental, environmental and working conditions.RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum qualifications. After screening,applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. Allapplicants will be notified via email of their status in the process.Application Screening| (Refer/Non-Refer):
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those candidates that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.Online Examination/Multiple-Choice (Weighted 100%)
The applicantswho meet minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in a multiple-choice exam on job-related items.Applicants will be notified of their test date and access code, if applicable. Only the most competitive applicants will be referred to the next assessment.VETERANS EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedure listed above may be modified. All applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.Eligible List
: Once all assessments have been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Email Notification: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. Frequently Asked Questions:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contactLinny Pham
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous