CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST II
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 2.5% increase
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
Mandatory Employee Retirement Contributions will decrease on the following date:
Effective July 2, 2021 - 1.2% decrease
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public and will establish an Open
Eligible list to fill current Clinical Psychologist II positions. The immediate vacancy is in the Children & Youth Behavioral Health division.This recruitment may also be used to fill similar and/or lower level positions throughout the County of Orange.
This recruitment will be open on a continuous basis until the needs of the County are met. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange
, Health Care Agency
is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five service areas - Administrative and Financial, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, Regulatory & Medical Services, and Public Health - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Health Care Agency (HCA) currently has openings in the Children and Youth Behavioral Health (CYBH)
Program. TheClinical Psychologist position provides a variety of direct client care opportunities to serve Orange County children, youth, transitional age youth, and their families impacted by mental illness and substance use disorders. This position will collaborate with a team of professionals both within the HCA, and with other County agencies with whom CYBH partners to ensure comprehensive care is provided. CYBH has three major areas of service: the regional outpatient clinics, the programs serving youth in the Juvenile Justice or Child Welfare systems, and 24/7 crisis services. CYBH strives to provide high quality, evidence based services in a system that addresses the specific and unique needs of the individual and their support systems. Those served by CYBH come from a variety of cultures and diverse backgrounds.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bilingual speakers are highly desired. In order to be considered for this position, you must
include your curriculum vitae and transcripts in the attachments portion of the application. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in the following areas below:Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Conducting and administering psychological tests and assessments, conducting screenings, gathering, evaluating and interpreting psychological testing data for the purpose of diagnosing and treating individuals living with mental illness and substance use disorders for some programs
- Applying latest trends and evidence-based psychological treatment and assessment protocols for mental health and substance use disorders
- Assessing for safety risks, identifying trauma reactivity and de-escalating high risk behaviors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Presenting new knowledge and trainings to team and collaborative partners consistent with clinical work and client care
- Identifying and providing linkage and appropriate resources to individuals
- Collaborating with community partners to ensure timely care for those with immediate needs
- Working with children, youth, transitional age youth, and families
- Documenting services provided to participants in a manner that meets the CA Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) requirements (standards) for Medi-Cal billing and reimbursement
- Preparing court documents and reports may be required for some programs
- Communicating accurately to convey both substance and intent, and adeptly communicating sensitive matters
- Presenting ideas and complex material clearly, concisely, logically, and persuasively both in person and in writing
- Preparing testimony and testifying in bench and jury trials may be required for some programs
Please click here
for information regarding the minimum qualifications for the Clinical Psychologist II, including Physical and Mental Requirements and Environmental and Working Conditions.RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all applications to identify the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position based on the skills required to meet the needs of the County. After the initial screening, those who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred to an Online Assessment.Online Assessment| Technical Skills Assessment
(Weighted 100%): Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in a series of online examinations related to the essential job functions. The most successful candidates will be places on an eligible list.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified. Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account. NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information regarding the Clinical Psychologist II, please contact the recruiter, Raymond Mendozaat RaMendoza@ochca.com
or (714) 834-6755.
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous