Description Note: This recruitment schedule was amended on October 7, 2019 to extend the Final Filing Date. This recruitment has been changed to "Continuous."
At San Mateo Medical Center, we are always seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer. This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it. Here, you'll have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled team of people who actively support and encourage each other's success. If you're ready to open new doors for your career, join us today!
We are currently seeking to fill onepart-time (0.5 FTE)and a variety of Extra Help and Relief Nurse positions
skilled Registered Nurses with proven Emergency Department experience. Under direction, the successful hires will provide varied professional nursing duties with primary emphasis on professional nursing care for hospital or clinic patients.
Our Level 3 Emergency Department is dedicated to providing quality, responsive care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Department providesemergency care to a primarily underserved and underinsured population.
The ideal candidate
will possess the following:
NOTE: The eligible listgenerated from this recruitment may be used to fill future extra-help, term, unclassified,and regular classifiedvacancies. NOTE: Extra-help assignments/ (Relief)
- At least three years of nursing experience in an emergency room and/or Critical Care setting.
- Experience caring for patients with multiple co-morbidities.
- Experience working with diverse, underserved populations.
are at-will and subject to termination with or without cause at any time. In accordance with Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010, the selected candidate and his/her qualified dependents may be eligible for benefits.
Examples Of Duties Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and implement nursing care plans for each patient through assessment, development, activation and evaluation.
- Perform nursing care following prescribed rules, policies, protocol and procedures.
- Identify problems, assist in data gathering, propose solutions and participate in evaluation of quality assurance issues.
- Work with patient and their families to provide in-hospital and after-hospital follow-up through teaching and referral.
- Orient and teach new staff members of the nursing team and students.
- Participate in non-clinical assignments which may include maintaining records, preparing reports and/or serving on special committees.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Possession of an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Possession of a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Possessionof aCrisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification within three months of hire.
- Nurse Practice Act.
- Current nursing and related medical theory and skills necessary to administer nursing care within assigned clinical setting.
- Safety and infection control practices.
- Clinical systems, supplies and equipment.
- Nurse Practice Act.
- Perform nursing procedures required for assigned clinical setting.
- Comply with clinical procedures and policies.
- Maintain professional nurse-patient relationships.
- Communicate with and educate patients, families, and the public who come from a diverse background.
- Work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Follow safety practices.
- Assist in the instruction of other nursing and paraprofessional personnel.
- Bend, kneel and squat as needed.
- Occasionally use upper extremities to exert force to push and pull patients/objects weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
- Work in a busy environment.
Application/Examination Open and Promotional. Anyone may apply.
Current County of San Mateo and County of San Mateo County Superior Court of Californiaemployees with at least six months (1040 hours) of continuous service in a classified regular, probationary, SEIU or AFSCME represented extra-help/term position prior to the final filing date will receive five points added to their final passing score on this examination.
Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
The examination will consist of an interview (weight: 100%). Depending on the number of applicants an application appraisal of education and experience may be used in place of other examinations or a screening committee may select those applicants whose education and/or experience appear to best meet the needs of the position based solely on the information provided in the application materials. Because of this screening process, all applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination . All examinations will be given in the County of San Mateo, California and applicants must participate at their own expense.IMPORTANT
: Applications for this position will only be accepted online.
If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the "Apply"
button. If you are not on the County's website, please go to https://jobs.smcgov.org/
to apply. Online applications must be received by the Human Resources Department before midnight on the final filing date.
This is a continuous recruitment which may close at any time. The final filing date will be posted 5 days in advance in the San Mateo County Human Resources Department.Apply immediately. This recruitment is open on a continuous basis and selections may be made at any time within the process.~TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE~
Final Closing Date: Continuous
Application screening: TBD
Combination Civil Service/Department Panel interviews: TBDAt the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Analyst: Carolyn Burns(092019) (Critical CareNurse - F022)