-Bargaining Unit: Local 856 - LVN/Aide UnitTHIS IS A PERIODIC CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT WITH APPLICATION FILING PERIOD: April 16, 2018 - OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting Certified Medical Assistants to assist providers and nursing staff in performing routine tasks in the care and treatment of patients in an ambulatory care clinic setting within the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and its Health Centers. Positions are assigned in Ambulatory Care health centers located in East, Central and West County.
Certified Medical Assistants perform routine, uncomplicated nursing tasks that do not require in-depth clinical knowledge or independent judgment. Duties include assisting providers with examinations and procedures; documenting patient care and services in medical records; checking for completed billing form on each patient; measuring, recording and reporting patient vital signs, reviewing patient rosters to facilitate clinic flow; and communicating with waiting patients when the provider's schedule is delayed.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Professional behavior in patient, team member and provider interactions
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information at all times
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Effectively work as a team member and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend, execute and clarify written and verbal instructions
- Acknowledge and respect the County's diverse population/patients
Read the complete job description at https://www.cccounty.us/hr
. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.TENTATIVE EXAM DATESTentative Evaluation of Training and Experience
: Periodically Until Vacancies FilledTypical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Education:
- Reviews provider roster of patients for the day and helps to facilitate clinic flow
- Monitors the status of patient arrivals, no shows and walk-ins and communicates information as necessary
- Communicates with waiting patients when provider schedule is delayed compared to appointment time
- Measures, records and reports patient vital signs, height, weight and preliminary medical information in accordance with clinic policy or provider preference.
- Completes all necessary intake paper work prior to patient visit with provider; i.e. intake stamp, consents, billing forms etc.
- Prepares patient and room for examination based on purpose of visit
- Assists provider with examination and procedures as necessary
- Performs simple tests, procedures and dressings etc. in accordance with Health Center policy as directed
- Documents patient care and services in medical record as appropriate and checks for a completed billing form on each patient
- Uses routine equipment in the assigned clinics and performs quality controls as required by clinic policy.
- Stocks work area with necessary supplies and equipment. Monitors for broken or malfunctioning equipment and communicates problem as appropriate.
- Makes patient appointments, processes associated information, communicates with appointment unit as required
- Acts as an intermediary between patients and other departments regarding necessary services when requested
- Takes messages and other critical information for providers during assigned clinic times
- Instructs patients regarding how to access services within the system
- Assists in emergency care situations as directed
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled
- Provides and promotes excellent customer service for all internal and external customers
Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or high school proficiency certificate.Certification:
A valid certificate from a state accredited Medical Assistant Program or a Certified Medical Assistant certifying organization approved by the Medical Board of California and a current CPR certificate.Experience:
Six (6) months of full time experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care setting.Other Requirements:
A background investigation/fingerprint and/or physical exam may be required prior to the start of employment.A COMPLETED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE AND COPIES OF CERTIFICATES ARE REQUIRED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT REQUIRED CERTIFICATES OR SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.Selection Process
- Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
- Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%)
- Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.