DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
FILING START DATE: 7/29/2015 AT 8:00 A.M. - UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
EXAM NUMBER: Y5135H
REBULLETIN INFORMATION: THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO UPDATE THE EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.TYPE OF RECRUITMENT OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
* * THIS EXAMINATION WILL USED TO FILL VACANCIES IN THE NORTH COUNTY ONLY * * DEFINITION:
This proficient level class provides professional nursing care and services to patients in a variety of settings.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with patients, families, care givers, and/or co-workers pertinent information concerning discharge planning, changes in patient care, changes in treatment plan, patient medication administration, aftercare instructions, and follow-up appointments to deliver the best possible patient experience.
- Completes and maintains accurate as well as legible medical documentation in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Manages relationships with internal and/or external members of a healthcare organization to connect patients with available resources within the continuum of care.
- Participates and/or leads committees/projects at the unit, department, facility, and/or health system wide level.
- Develops, conducts, and implements performance improvement activities at the unit, department, facility, and/or health system wide level which address the patient experience, regulatory compliance and departmental systems/processes.
- Develops, implements, and adjusts patient/family education based on identified learning needs utilizing available teaching resources and clinical expertise.
- Delegates, assigns, and/or supervises the assigned work of others including Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), nursing attendants, technicians, clerical staff, and students.
- Evaluates effectiveness of tools, protocols, and techniques used in patient care delivery and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of current techniques, trends, and professional issues; forecasts new knowledge needs for changing practice environment and/or population groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates strategies to meet those needs.
- Serves as a preceptor: expert or specialist who provides practical experience and training to a new graduate, a new hire, a re-entry, or a nurse that is transitioning into a new area/role.
- Participates and leads in patient care conferences, committee meetings, staff development, and educational programs and professional organizations increase or maintain competency and advance professional practice.
- Conducts assessment of performance of others including goal setting as well own performance assessment including learning needs.
- Serves as a liaison between committees, staff, and management.
- Mentors staff and students by effectively applying principles of adult learning theory and didactic concepts of novice-to-expert in order to develop staff/students for career progression.
- Collaborates with other health care providers to plan, implement, and evaluate patient educational programs.
- Creates, validates, and/or improves tools to ensure assessment data is collected and documented.
- Participates and leads in approved clinical investigations or research studies in accordance with departmental policies.
- Anticipates potential problems and assists staff to adapt to change by setting or resetting priorities and organizing work for emergencies, changes in patient status, and unusual occurrences.
- Participates in product evaluation and product standardization activities.
- Monitors and evaluates the provision, quality, and documentation of care provided by other nursing personnel.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.-AND-
2. Current certification issued by the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.-AND-
3. Six years of paid full-time registered nursing experience*. Three years of experience must be at the level of the Los Angeles County classification Registered Nurse II**.Please see Special Requirement InformationLICENSE (S) AND CERTIFICATE(S) REQUIRED:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS: Physical Class III - Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:Training and Experience Requirements
* Paid full-time experience must be post-license experience only.
** Experience at the level of Registered Nurse II in the County of Los Angeles is defined as:
- Providing professional nursing care and services to patients in a variety of settings.
Applicants claiming experience in a state other than California must attach a copy of their registered nurse license from that state to the application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date. Applications submitted without the required evidence will be rejected.License and Certification Information
- Serving as an expert or specialist who gives practical experience and training to a new graduate, a new hire, a re-entry, or a nurse that is transitioning into a new area.
To compete in this examination process, applicants must have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing - OR - have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America.
Applicants who have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America, may compete in this examination. However, the names of such candidates will be withheld from the certification list pending receipt of the required license authorized by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Please ensure the license and certification section of the application is completed. Provide the title(s) of your required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required license as specified in the Selection Requirements.Applicants must attach a legible photocopy of their BLS certification to their application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date. Applications submitted without the required evidence of BLS certification will be rejected.
The original license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing and BLS certification must be presented during the selection process and/or prior to appointment.The required license and certification MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT be accepted.
***In order to receive credit for a college degree on this examination, you must include a legible photocopy of your "official" diploma(s), "official" transcripts, or "official" letter(s) from an accredited institution which shows the area of specialization, at the time of filing or within 15 days of filing your application online. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Credit will be given to applicants who possess the following desirable qualifications:
- ***Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or ***Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
An evaluation of training and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications weighted 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each weighted part of the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
Any shiftVACANCY INFORMATION:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in NORTH COUNTY ONLY
. APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION :APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking the "APPLY" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned, If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach documents to your application, you may email the documents to Martha Teran at firstname.lastname@example.org
, within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR:
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
(800) 735-2922DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Martha Teran, Exam Analyst
(323) 914-7045 email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Continuous