EXAM NUMBER :
Y5214U FILING START DATE :
December 30, 2016 at 8:00 A.M.
The examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY REBULLETIN INFORMATION : THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO RE-OPEN THE EXAM, AND UPDATE THE SALARY INFORMATION AND EXAMINATION CONTENT INFORMATION REGARDING NOTIFICATION OF EXAM RESULTS. PERSONS WHO HAVE APPLIED WITHIN THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS NEED NOT REAPPLY, BUT MAY CONTACT THE EXAM ANALYST TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THE INFORMATION MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME, THE EXAMINATION NUMBER, AND EXAMINATION TITLE. DEFINITION:
Develops specialized training programs or educational course content for a group of employees, presents this content in a formal learning situation, supervises its application in a clinical setting, and evaluates effectiveness of the training in achieving predetermined training objectives under technical supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and analyzes, on an ongoing basis, the training needs and problems of one or more categories of nursing personnel usually with reference to a specific type of training program (general orientation, basic skills training, paramedic training program.)
- Plans and develops course or training program content and structures individual sessions, incorporating teaching methodology designed to meet identified needs and established course objectives.
- Conducts formal didactic training. Plans and supervises staff performance in making application in a clinical setting of the principles and techniques of patient care taught in didactic training.
- Plans, develops and implements, with supervisory approval, the use of evaluative tools to measure the effectiveness of the training, modifying course or program content or methodology as indicated.
- Participates in studies and projects to improve course or curriculum content or interaction of trainees and patients, and drafts reports of findings Performs review and makes recommendations regarding approval of pre-hospital care training and education programs, and monitors approved programs.
- Conducts site visits, and monitors paramedic base hospitals and provider agencies for compliance with County agreements and policies and procedures established by the local EMS agency.
- Participates in development, implementation and monitoring of the collection and evaluation of pre-hospital care medical data for the EMS system. Serves as a member of committees related to nursing training and education.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. Six years of experience, within the last ten years, as a registered nurse, two years of which may have been as a Clinical Instructor, and completion of 12 semester units, or their equivalent, of appropriate basic education courses* from an accredited college or university.
2. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
3. Current certification issued by the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.(SEE SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION)License(s) and Certificate(s) Required:
A current active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing - OR - have a license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by a State Government Board of Registered Nursing, within the United States of America. PLEASE NOTE
: Applicants, who have completed the exam process with a passing score, will not be added to the Eligible Register of certified candidates until they have obtained a license to practice as a Registered Nurse from the State of California.
Current certification issued by the American Heart Associations' Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.Physical Class III
- Moderate: Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*Completion of appropriate basic education courses is defined as: courses specific to the discipline of education, such as Adult Education, Curriculum Development, Development of Training Objectives, Needs Assessment or other relevant course work. Additionally, Twelve (12) semester units are equivalent to sixteen (16) quarter units. Applicants must provide legible copies of their official transcripts or grade reports from an accredited college or university to verify successful completion of the required courses at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date.
Please ensure the License and Certification Section of the required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required licensed as specified in the Selection Requirements. Applicants MUST attach a legible photocopy of the required license/BLS certification to their application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days from the application filing date. Applications submitted without the required evidence of BLS certification will be rejected.The required license and certification MUST be current/active and unrestricted ; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT be accepted.
The original license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing and BLS certification must be present during the selection process and/or prior to appointment.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Additional credit will be given to applicants who possess the following desirable qualification:
Bachelor's Degree** or higher in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
**In order to receive credit for a college degree, such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree, you must include a legible photocopy of the official diploma(s), official transcripts, or official letter(s) from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application, at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing application.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
An evaluation of training and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications, weighted at 100%.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination in order to be placed on the Eligible Register.Notification Letters and other correspondences will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that applicants provide a valid email address. Please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book and to the list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as SPAM/JUNK mail.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an "as received" basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates will appear in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of eligibility.
No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Health Services as they occur.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST on the last day of filing will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking the "APPLY" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or recession of appointment.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents to your application, you must email the Exam Analyst, Brenda G. Aguila at email@example.com at the time of filing, or within 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include your Name, the Exam Number, and the Exam Title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA COORDINATOR:
(323) 914-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE:
(800) 735-2922DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Brenda G. Aguila, Exam Analyst