FILING DATES: 08/04/2015 - UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
EXAM NUMBER: Y5463F
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITYDEFINITION:
The Medical Director I provides key leadership to the clinical program at Martin Luther King (MLK) Outpatient Center (OPC) and works integrally with other senior executive leadership to craft the vision for clinical services. The Medical Director I participates with the executive leadership team to develop initiatives that more broadly impact operations of the OPC. This highest-level clinical leader participates in DHS Enterprise meetings and activities. The Medical Director I provides clinical oversight to all ambulatory services rendered and manages a clinical leadership team of physicians in specialty care primary care, ancillary services, the Urgent Care Clinic, and the Ambulatory Surgery Center. The Medical Director I supervises the Nursing Program; works closely with MLK Community Hospital to ensure smooth transitions across the continuum of care and participates in other inter-agency clinical initiatives as appropriate. The Medical Director I holds responsibility for quality monitoring and the facility quality improvement program, credentialing and privileging, recruitment and discipline of the clinicians, operational activities as they pertain to direct patient care, patient safety and risk management activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Engages collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team, participating in monthly Executive Committee meetings and more frequently as needed.
- Develops and implements innovative new programs in clinical departments.
- Drives collaborative relationship with MLK Community Hospital.
- Chairs the Quality Improvement Committee and participates in planning and development meetings in support of this critical program as needed.
- Provides key Executive Leadership to the Care Improvement Team Program as well asoversight to Root Cause Analysesfor sentinel events as needed and supervises the Infection Control, Patient Safety, and Risk Prevention Programs.
- Chairs the Medical Executive Committee, which communicates key leadership initiatives out to mid-level clinical leadership and to the rest of the clinical team.
- Develops clinical templates and provides oversight to patient scheduling; works collaboratively with finance and operational teams to develop workflow that engenders best patient experience and most efficient processes.
- Oversees all hiring of clinicians, distribution of clinical efforts across the program, Policy and Procedure Program at MLK OPC, Member Service Program, as well as Credentialing and Privileging.
- Manages budgets for contract clinicians.
- Engages with electronic resources, including but not limited to ORCHID EMR to improve team communication and to participate in meaningful population management.
- Engages in supervision of physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants including allocation of duties, determining scope of practice, and driving innovation.
- Represents MLK OPC on DHS Enterprise work groups, including the Clinical Operations Committee, the Monthly Medical Directors Meeting, and the Monthly Empanelment Meeting.
- Oversees eConsult reviewers at the facility level and intercedes as needed when issues arise;interfaces with the eConsult team and centralized Appointment Scheduling Center to ensure consistent patient volume.
- Participates in EMR and ORCHID development as appropriate, both at a local and at a DHS enterprise level.
- Supervises a minimum of 8 clinical leaders, including Associate Medical Director, Nursing Director, Director of Continuity Care, Director of Surgical Specialties, Director of Ophthalmology, Director of HIV Care, Director of Quality and Risk Management, provides oversight for the Director of the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Completes time and attendance monitoring for all direct reports.
- Ensures compliance with DHRgoals for direct reports andDHR training requirements for entire clinical programs, including contract clinicians, are achieved.
- Provides direct patient care to patients receiving specialty services in the Patient-Centered Medical Home for a minimum of 4 hours per week; completes patient careactivities such as communication with patients and/or nursing staff to achieve treatment goals, interprets outstanding labs, engages in necessary written communication and completes other required patient care documentation or forms.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Certification by an American Specialty Board*-and-
three (3) years of medical administrative** experience.LICENSE:
California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.PHYSICAL CLASS II - Light
: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in directing and overseeing the clinical program of a very large Outpatient Center with at least 25 multiple clinics.
- Experience working with other healthcare organizations and agencies in coordinating patient care.
- Experience in personnel such as recruitment, hiring, resource allocation, and employee discipline.
Additional Information SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*In order to receive credit for the required certificate under the Selection Requirements, you must
submit a legible copy of the certificate with the application at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing on line.
**Medical administrative in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: planning, organizing, developing, staffing and controlling of a health facility, clinic, unit, ward or program.The required license and/or MUST be current and unrestricted ; conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted licenses and/or certificate will NOT be accepted.SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Appointees may be required to work any shift including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
Any ShiftEXAMINATION CONTENT:
This Examination will consist of an evaluation of training and experience based upon application information and desirable qualifications weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination in order to be added on the eligible register.VACANCY INFORMATION:
The eligible register for this examination will be used to fill a vacancy at MLK-OPC.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade on the examination will be added on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.No person may compete in this examination more than once every twelve (12) months.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using the website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Minimum/Selection Requirements serving you as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you met the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed and salary earned.If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analystwithin 15 calendar days of filing online
. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For Candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
MeriSnkhchyan, Exam Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.orgADA COORDINATOR PHONE:
(323) 869-7124CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE: