APPLY NOW! This recruitment is continuous and will close when all vacancies are filled.
The next review of applications will be on September 12, 2019.
Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce committed to serving the City of Irvine.
The City of Irvine seeks two flexible and customer focused individuals with a knowledge and understanding of traffic signal timing and event monitoring to serve as a Part-time Engineering Technician in the Irvine Traffic Management Center within the Transportation Department.These positions are Part-time with a flexible schedule up to 19 hours per week. Shifts are scheduled weekday evenings after normal working hours, weekends and holidays.Your Impact
- Operate the Traffic Management Center (TMC) during major planned events at entertainment and sport venues to facilitate safe and efficient movement of inbound and outbound vehicular traffic.
- Continuously monitor traffic flow in the vicinity of events and construction zones and determine when and where it is significantly impacted
- Determine the appropriate signal timing flush plans to improve traffic flow; Implement timing and phasing changes
- Investigate equipment malfunctions and notify Public Safety of the need for traffic control personnel, as appropriate; Dispatch signal technicians or outside repair personnel.
- Communicate with dispatch in order to enhance response time to changing traffic conditions; alert traffic control personnel of TMC loss of communication with traffic control devices.
- For more information, see the Part-time Engineering Technicianjob description.
- Associate degree in Engineering or related field with three years general engineering experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- May require a valid California driver's license.
- Strong traffic timing, systems coordination and incident management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, track details and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work after normal City business hours, weekends, and holidays
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine . The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.Transportation
effectively administers state-of-the-art traffic, transportation, and transit functions to the City of Irvine. The department consists of four divisions: Traffic Management, Active Transportation Programs, Transportation Review and Analysis, and Transportation Planning & Project Development. Together these divisions deliver vital services to meet the City's transportation goals.The Process
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.