Salary: $18.90 Hourly
Salary Top: $20.30
Apply By: Nov 27, 2019
Responsible to work with supervisor and contracted information technology service provider to provide technology support to all County Technology Users. Maintains County Geographic Information Systems (GIS), website and social media. Performs system maintenance and problem resolution as required and directed which may include but is not limited to computer and network hardware and software, connectivity, telephones, faxes, copiers, mobile devices and other technology items which may exist or be introduced into the County at a future date. Will load software as required, install new computers, assist with technology asset tracking and assist with proper disposal of technology assets. This position will work under the direction of the Information Technology Supervisor or, in the absence thereof, the Finance Director.
This position provides technical support for a variety of county offices and departments.
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of all County GIS systems, website and social media in accordance with supervisory direction, County policy and in conjunction with various department heads, elected officials and third party vendors.
- Responds to trouble tickets in a timely professional manner, works with contracted information technology service provider to resolve issues and provides feedback to Supervisor on issues that are difficult to resolve or will require additional County resources to correct.
- Provides onsite assistance to contracted information technology service provider to ensure proper functioning and integrity of critical network components by performing periodic network equipment tests and verifying successful completion of overnight backups.
- Understands all county policies relating to Electronic Data, Network and PC security and acceptable use at all levels.
- Assists with installation and maintenance of all communications services (voice, fax, email etc.) network hardware, PCs software, and peripheral equipment and wiring/circuit services.
- Provides professional and courteous technical assistance by responding to questions and concerns from users at all levels.
- Works with Department Heads and Elected Officials to maintain the County Website as Administrator to add, revise and delete web pages as directed in accordance with county policy.
- Provides end user support, systems and services, including desktop, laptop, hardware, software and application support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop computing applications, networking applications, and information access tools. Cleans computers and servers prior to providing for proper disposal of retired computer equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation, standardization, purchase, upgrade, and maintenance of software and hardware resources.
- Provide on-site, telephone, and e-mail assistance to end users based on help tickets submitted.
- Provide technology support for web conferencing, videoconferencing and other leading technologies.
- Assists with the use of technology enabled conference rooms, works collaboratively with other staff to research new uses of technology, including discipline-specific uses in research and instruction or operations; keeps Supervisor apprised of all such activity.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance secure desktop management, backup and disaster recovery, workstation refresh plan, security practices and procedures for protection of information and privacy of user systems.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of best practices related to a managed desktop environment including promotion of standardized applications; standard backup schedules and routine updates.
- Works in a professional and courteous manner to maintain third party relationships for county-wide support of all technology users, web hosting, phone systems, internet software and hardware to allow continued collaboration to ensure all systems function correctly.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
GIS systems including maintenance and integrations of the County’s various data layers.
- Network technologies including routing, switching and load-balancing.
- Networking, server management, anti-virus maintenance, and Anti-spam maintenance.
- Security policies, rules and regulations as they relate to protection of stored information, required encryption for transmission of protected data and protection of end users.
- Circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Microsoft Office, MS Power Point, Desktop hardware and peripherals.
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with IBM AS400 systems a plus.
- Determining causes of operating errors and troubleshooting.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate to ensure full understanding
- Talking to others to convey information effectively and in a way that is understood.
- Educating employees on computer technology.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Ability to work well with others including elected officials, staff, third party vendors and the public.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Possession of a valid Nevada driver’s license or the ability to obtain one, with a good driving record.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Five or more years of experience in customer oriented computer support environment; assisting workers and professional staff; demonstrated experience assisting with IT management and strategies, including but not limited to GIS maintenance and upgrades, social media support; back-up and disaster recovery, data security and integrity and managed update schedules; knowledge of server hardware, PC hardware and software; demonstrated ability to communicate technical information effectively with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures; ability to work independently and as a member of a team; demonstrated experience researching and deploying emerging technologies; associate or bachelor degree in technology or information systems related field.