Introduction The Position
To view the job descriptions for this position, please visit: Management Analyst (Entry): http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=15890
To view the job descriptions for this position, please visit: Management Analyst (Journey) : http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=15889BENEFITS
To view the benefits for a regular senior management position, please visit:http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=16490 Selection Process 10/21/19
- deadline for next application review.
Based on the information provided in the application documents, the qualified applicants may be invited for further examination and will either be pre-scheduled by the Department of Human Resources or be invited to self-schedule. All applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the examination . Depending upon the number of applications received, the selection process may consist of an initial application screening, a mandatory information meeting, a supplemental questionnaire assessment, a written and/or practical exam, an oral board exam, or any combination listed. Responses to supplemental questions may be used as screening and testing mechanisms and will be used to assess an applicant's ability to advance in the process; as such, responses to supplemental questions should be treated as test examination responses. Information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
All potential new hires and employees considered for promotion to management, confidential positions or unrepresented positions will be subject to a background and reference check after contingent job offer is accepted. These provisions are subject to change.
RETIREES - Solano County invites all qualified candidates to apply for positions; however pursuant to Government Code Section 21221(h) and 21224, hiring restrictions may apply to California Public Sector Pension Plan Retirees. Document Submittal Requirements
A Bachelor's Degree is required for this position. All candidates must submit a copy of their college diploma (verifying the degree, date earned and area of specialization) or official/unofficial transcripts (verifying the date and degree conferred) by the final filing deadline. Candidates who fail to submit their diploma or transcripts by the final filing date will be disqualified from the recruitment.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: Candidates who attended a college or university that is accredited by a foreign or non-U.S. accrediting agency must have their educational units evaluated by an educational evaluation service. The result must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than the close of the recruitment. Please contact the local college or university to learn where this service can be obtained.
How to Submit Your Documents
In addition to uploading attachments when applying online, candidates may submit documents in-person or by mail at Solano County Department of Human Resources 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield CA 94533, by fax to (707) 784-3424, or by email to email@example.com
. When submitting documents in-person, by mail or by fax, include the recruitment title (Management Analyst (Entry/Journey) and the recruitment number (19-102010-01). If submitting documents by email include the recruitment title and recruitment number in the subject field. Supplemental Questionnaire
This Supplemental Questionnaire will be used to determine applicants' qualifications for this position and assess an applicant's ability to advance in the recruitment process; therefore, applicants are encouraged to answer all questions thoroughly and completely. Omitted information will not be considered or assumed. Applicants who have no experience in a specific area are recommended to state "no experience in this area" instead of leaving the space blank.
Please note that the experience in your answers must be reflected in your employment history.
Succinctly describe your professional experience as it relates directly to this management analyst position in each of the following areas:
Americans With Disabilities Act
Preparation and presentation of reports to governing bodies.
- Budget experience including information on budget preparation, analysis, revenue forecasting, corrective action plans and monitoring. Include organization size, budget amount and specifics on your role played and level of responsibility.
- Analyzing administrative and operational problems.
- Coordination of projects involving two or more departments or jurisdictions.
- Specific work experience related to Economic Development.
- Knowledge of state and federal budgets, legislative process and local government platforms. Include your specific experience and your role in the process.
- Experience preparing and monitoring grant proposals.
It is the policy of Solano County that all employment decisions and personnel policies will be applied equally to all County employees and applicants and be based upon the needs of County service, job related merit, and ability to perform the job.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: Qualified individuals with a disability, who are able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, and need an accommodation during any phase of the recruitment/testing/examination process (as detailed in the "Selection Process"), must complete the following Request for Testing Accommodation by Applicants with Disabilities Form: http://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=23215
This form must be received in the Human Resources Department by the final filing date
of the recruitment. Applicants will be contacted to discuss the specifics of the request. Solano County Click here to take a video tour of Solano County
Solano County is the ideal place to live, learn, work and play... The America's Promise Alliance has named Solano County as one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People for six straight years - the only California community with that distinction.
• Live - Solano County as well as cities within the County have ranked in the top 15 hottest markets across the country and within the Bay Area due to prime location and affordability.
• Learn - Higher education abounds! Within the County, education choices include: Solano Community College, CSU Maritime Academy, Brandman University, and Touro University. Bordering our County is the renowned University of California Davis.
• Work - The blend of agriculture, corporate business and pleasant lifestyle enhance the attraction of Solano County. Blessed with a thriving agricultural economy, the county is also home to biotechnology and other growth industries.
• Play - Situated midway between San Francisco and Sacramento-the State capitol, Solano County is home to rolling hillsides, waterfronts and fertile farmland. County residents can enjoy day trips to the San Francisco Bay area, Lake Tahoe region and the Napa and Sonoma Valleys.
County Population (2018): 439,793
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
SOLANO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.