The purpose of this position is to perform manual and unskilled maintenance work involving Grand Prairie Memorial Gardens facilities. This is accomplished by making minor repairs to roads and sidewalks; operating heavy equipment; providing grounds maintenance; and maintaining the exterior and interior of facilities. Other duties include removing debris from the airport property; and interacting with other City employees, tenants, and citizens.Essential Job Functions
- Operates heavy equipment by performing maintenance activities; using equipment such as a skid steer, roller, loader, trucks, crack sealers, riding mower, tractor, and mobile sweeper.
- Provides grounds maintenance by operating riding mower and tractor; maintaining common areas, large fields, and acreage; removing debris out of the mower's path; trimming trees; using a weed eater around trees; and cleaning along the edge of the fence with a mobile weed eater.
- Maintains the exterior of facilities by removing trash and other debris; cleaning sidewalks and walkways; mowing grounds around the facility; using a weed eater around trees; checking trash cans and emptying them as needed; ensuring that facilities are neat and presentable.
- Maintains the interior of facilities by assisting other employees and departments where needed; performing and assisting with remodel work.
- Removes debris from the airport property by clearing debris such as fallen trees; cleaning inlets, curbs, and gutters of debris; clearing concrete channels of tree limbs and other debris.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of hand and power tools, weed-eating and riding mowers, be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be able to clean restrooms/toilets and windows on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and have a flexible schedule.
- This position is a part-time position working up to 19 hours per week.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
- The position will be posted until filled.
- Starting rate of pay to be adjusted based on experience.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous