Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Provides comprehensive assessment and support services for homeless and previously homeless adults who suffer from a chronic serious mental illness and/or substance abuse issues. Provides housing search, placement, and housing retention assistance. Provides linkage to community-based resources, supports clients in their recovery effort and assists them with building skills needed to maintain independent living.
Location: 3010 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30 am 4:30 pm)
Skills and Experience
- Performs initial evaluations and assessments of potential clients regarding their appropriateness for participation in the program.
- Provides direct services to clients including outreach, case management, skill training, and counseling in the office, client home and the community.
- Conducts assessments to identify treatment needs.
- Facilitates with clients and collaborates with the treatment team to develop, review and update treatment plans.
- Organizes and participates in treatment-related clinical conferences and staffing’s on assigned clients. Reports client progress, behavior problems or need for medication evaluation to program supervisors/physicians/psychiatrists regularly.
- Conducts housing search activities and assists client with obtaining and maintaining community-based housing.
- Works closely with landlords and lead counselor to coordinate apartment needs and lease processing.
- Provides linkage/referral, support and advocacy with other community resources and other LCHD providers for clients.
- Provides education and direction to clients, family members and/or significant others.
- Teaches activities of daily living through verbal instruction, coaching, and demonstration, as needed.
- Assists clients with developing budgets and managing money, including following procedures for the representative payee program when applicable.
- Conducts crisis intervention, evaluation, and referral, as needed.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- With a Bachelor’s degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in any other field with two years of documented clinical experience in a mental health setting under the supervision of a QMHP.
- A practical nurse who holds a valid license in Illinois.
- An individual possessing a certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program, plus a high school diploma or GED, plus two years’ documented experience in providing mental health services.
- A recovery support specialist with a current certification from the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association, Inc.
- A family partnership professional with current certification from the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association, Inc.
- An occupational therapy assistant with at least one year of experience in a mental health setting that holds a valid license in Illinois.
- An individual with a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of documented clinical experience in mental health or human services.
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans.
We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.