Under close supervision, provides preventive life guarding and aquatic safety measures by monitoring the activities of pool patrons and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Must work 3 shifts per week up to 19 hours or what is provided by the Aquatics Manager.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Provides preventative life guarding and aquatic safety measures by monitoring the activities of the pool patrons.
- Must complete and maintain vigilance awareness training standards.
- Enforces swimming and safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains cleanliness of pool and facility.
- Performs routine water tests.
- Searches for and removes safety hazards.
- Provides customer service and answers questions, complaints or concerns.
- Responds to emergency situations by performing First Aid, CPR and/or Lifeguard Training Rescues/Techniques.
- Maintains records and reports of pool activities.
- Performs maintenance according to the daily log schedule.
- Regular, daily attendance is an essential function for this position.
- Duties may include seasonal maintenance work such as heavy cleaning, operating hand power tools, painting, light landscaping and operating small machinery.
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of pool maintenance and operation techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Skill in responding to emergency situations including safely rescuing drowning victims and administering CPR and First Aid.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Skill in planning and implementing department and swimming pool practices and procedures.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must possess at time of application and maintain Lifeguard Training, First Aid, Oxygen Administration and Automated External Defibrillation certifications.
- Successfully complete background investigation.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous