POSITION SUMMARY The current shifts available are Monday-Friday from 5:00 am to 10:00 am and 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Under close supervision, responsible for operating a computer, cash register, answering the telephone, maintaining attendance records, and monitoring the entrance to the Recreation Facility. Must work up to 19 hours per week or what is provided by theManager.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Interacts and communicates with the public and other employees in a courteous and professional manner in person and on the telephone.
- Operates a computer and facility management software.
- Collects monies, issues receipts, and operates a cash drawer in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system with voice mail.
- Keeps the front desk area and equipment neat and orderly.
- Makes simple mathematical calculations in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Efficiently distributes recreational equipment and program materials to patrons.
- Seeks assistance from other employees and/or supervisors when needed.
- Accurately communicates information to assigned supervisors in a timely and useful manner.
- Work is performed typically standing; however, walking, bending, stooping, sitting, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting equipment and objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds is required on an intermittent basis.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Successfully complete background investigation.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments. May be performed at various locations.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous