Under close supervision, assists the Department with recreational programs and/or special events as assigned.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Assists the Department with recreational and/or cultural programs and/or special events as assigned.
- Supervises participants in recreational and/or cultural programs and activities.
- Assists in promoting and providing information to the public regarding recreational and/or cultural activities.
- Sets up, cleans up and maintains designated areas for recreational activities.
- Maintains safe, secure environments for employees, volunteers and participants.
- Enforces game, program and facility rules at Town, school, or other facilities and associated properties.
- Interacts in a helpful, positive way with the public.
- Provides accurate information and responds effectively to public inquiries about programs and facilities.
- Maintains records, files and attendance of participants.
- May supervise young children in a nursery setting.
- Regular, daily attendance is an essential function for this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Town and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of recreation and/or cultural programs, youth activities and rule interpretation.
- Knowledge of promoting and marketing techniques and methods.
- Skill in supervising multiple activities simultaneously.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- One (1) year experience in a recreational or youth activity environment; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully complete background investigation.
Directions for Applying
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments. May be performed at various locations.
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application as well as attaching a resume.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous