The PositionThis is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:4/9/20, 7/9/20, 10/8/20Range A - $5,052.96 - 6,140.50/month
Range B - $5,634.08 - $6,846.90/month
Under general supervision, to plan, implement and evaluate health education programs; to facilitate community development and organization toward achievement of health and education goals; and to perform related duties as assigned.This position has two salary ranges which recognize the differences in scope, scale and complexity of the educator's program area, and the resultant differences in focus of responsibility and level of expertise.Range A.
Positions assigned to Range A perform a variety of programmatic duties for health education programs of average size, scope and complexity, requiring the application of core principles and methods of public health education.Range B.
Positions assigned to Range B are limited to those within programs at the highest level of scope and complexity, and may perform in a leadworker capacity. The focus of responsibility is on community organization and coalition-building, the integration of multiple services, and complex duties which require a high level of expertise and the exercise of considerable independent judgment.Watch to Explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of
- Principles and methods of public health education
- Principles, methods and techniques of community organization, program planning and evaluation, grant writing, and contract negotiation
- Available health education resources and materials
Employment QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Apply health education principles and methods
- Build coalitions of organizations and individuals having diverse needs and objectives
- Plan, implement and evaluate health education programs
- Research and analyze data and information
- Communicate clearly, concisely, effectively and often persuasively
- Make group presentations
- Facilitate meetings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Possession of a Master's degree with specialization in community or public health education awarded upon completion of a program of study accredited by the American Public Health Association. Note: The accrediting body is now called the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice. Typing Certificate requirements can be found by clicking here or by obtaining the requirements from the Employment Services Division office.Special Requirements
- Must meet current state requirements for a Health Educator (California Code of Regulations, Title 17, and any other applicable laws and regulations in effect at the time of appointment).
- Incumbents of some positions must be willing and able to work with persons infected with communicable diseases.
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing InformationAPPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone 916-874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay Service
Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate or Credentials Screening Panel exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email.Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox.Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES ONLY
- Call 916-874-5627 and you will be provided with a recorded message, accessible 24 hours a day.
Applicants with disabilities requesting an applicable ADA testing accommodation must complete a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form filled out and signed by the applicant and their doctor. This form must be submitted to the Disability Compliance Office by the cut-off date as listed in this job announcement. Download the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form by clicking here or contact by mail or in person the Sacramento County Employment Services Division or Disability Compliance Office.
Failure to submit this request by the cut-off date may result in the County being unable to provide the requested accommodation in a timely manner for this administration of the examination.Sacramento County Disability Compliance Office
700 H Street, Room 5720
Sacramento, CA 95814
Closing Date/Time: Continuous