Under supervision, carries out programs for both indoor and outdoor activities. Works directly with the participants to encourage enthusiasm in recreation activities and carries out activities related to the physical well-being and comfort of participants with disabilities in the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in leading, teaching and conducting recreation activities, such as arts and crafts, various games and sports, social recreation, nature activities, day camping, community singing and informal music activities.
- Assists in organizing shows, socials, tournaments, dances, festivals, and special events.
- Assists in the preparation of programs, announcements, bulletins and related materials needed in the program.
- Assists participants with disabilities in feeding, bathroom needs, lifting, and other services.
QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of current first aid practices.Ability to:
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the public and other employees.Skills in:
- Applicants must have a tremendous amount of patience, energy, and enthusiasm.EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Experience working with people with disabilities (Easter Seal, Blind Society, etc.) or background in organized recreation activities (Recreation and Park Agencies, School programs, etc.).
High school graduation.
Minimum Age :
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.1. Application:
(Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete and submitonline
a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline (Open/Continuous
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the "Work Experience" section.Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office in person, as attachment(s) via online with the employment application, emailed to email@example.com, FAX to (196) 596-1556, or by mail. If submitting in person, by mail or via FAX, please include your name andRecruitment #009038-19-PR-1
on your documents.2. Supplemental Questionnaire:
(Pass/Fail) - In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire .
: (Pass/Fail)- Human Resources will forward employment applications of individuals who submitted all the required documents (i.e. City of Sacramento Application and Supplemental Questionnaire) to the hiring department.4. Hiring Interview:
Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.5. Conditional Hire:
Upon receipt of a conditional offer or hire, the candidates will go through the process of certification, finger print/background clearance andmedical clearance.QUESTIONS:
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process: