M2059F-R TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
Open CompetitiveJob Opportunity FIRST DAY OF FILING
Applications will be accepted starting Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 8:00 A.M. (PT)
The first review of applications will take place onApril 9, 2019.
The examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice. DEFINITION:
Supervises the activities of a group of real property agents engaged in negotiations and transactions related to the acquisition and management of real property.CLASSIFICATION STANDARDS:
Positions allocable to this class work under the administrative and technical supervision of a Principal Real Property Agent or higher level supervisor. Positions are responsible for providing first level administrative and technical supervision to a group of real property agents engaged in performing real property negotiations, transactions, and management. Incumbents must utilize a thorough knowledge of real estate principles and laws in order to supervise negotiations for a wide range of real property transactions, including complex leases and analysis and interpretation of appraisals of high value real property. Incumbents must exercise a thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of supervision, basic personnel and employee relations principles, and departmental policies and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises a group of Real Property Agents performing negotiations for rights of way, leases, purchase, sale, management, title, escrow, concessions, franchises, or other major phases of real property work.
- Supervises the preparation of deeds, leases, reconveyances, agreements, maps, and other documents involved in real property transactions and management.
- Prepares or reviews complex leases, negotiations, or purchases of real property for highways, public building sites, park sites, Flood Control facilities and for other general public purposes.
- Analyzes and interprets appraisals on complex high value properties to be used in condemnation suits, major leases for County governmental offices, or sale or lease of properties.
- Supervises the management, operation, and maintenance of properties acquired by the County and the Flood Control District.
- Appraises real property for the purpose of determining market or fair rental value in the negotiation of leases, rights of way, and excess sales.
- Prepares recommendations and reports for the Board of Supervisors, governmental agencies and officials.
- Performs special County-wide or difficult real property management assignments as necessary.
- Supervises the inspection of or personally inspects alterations being made, or buildings being erected under lease arrangements, to ensure the agreed lessor-lessee specifications are being met.
- Advises subordinates and representatives of County Counsel on pretrial and trial proceedings and reviews settlements being made during such proceedings.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS: OPTION I
: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree including real estate courses totaling 15 semester units or 23 quarter units* -and- three years' experience in appraising, acquiring, selling, leasing, or managing real property at the level of Real Property Agent ll**; two years of which must have involved commercial or industrial property.***OPTION II:
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree including real estate courses totaling 15 semester units or 23 quarter units* -and- three years in facilities project design, development or space management at the level of Real Property Agent ll.**OPTION III:
Three years experience performing real property analysis, appraisal, sale, lease, relocation or concession and franchise negotiation for public use as a Real Property Agent II
in the County Service.**** LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. PHYSICAL CLASS:
2- Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION:
*In order to receive credit for theBachelor's degree and required units in real estate,
you must include a legible copyof your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTSwith your application at the time of filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission. Required documents may be emailed to email@example.com . Foreign studiesmustbe evaluated by an academic credential evaluation agency and deemed to be equivalent to degrees from the United States.(See Accreditation Information under Employment Information)
**Experience at the level of Real Property Agent II is defined as performing real property analysis, appraisal, purchase, sale, leases, relocation, or concession and franchise negotiation for public or County use.
***One additional year of the required experience involvingcommercialor industrial property will be accepted for each year of required college provided that 15 semester units of real estate courses have been completed.
****Applicants who expect to qualify under Option IIIneed to hold or have held the actual payroll title of Real Property Agent II for the County of Los Angeles. No Out-of-Class experience will be accepted for this option.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT:
This examination will consist of four (4) parts:PART I:
A multiple choice testcovering Deductive Reasoning Ability; Management Potential; Achievement; Flexibility; Confidence and Optimism; Thoroughness; Sense of Duty; Innovation: Influence; Independence and Professional Potential.
Candidates who complete Part I, will be invited to the next part (Part II) of the examination.PART II:
A multiple choice test covering Written Expression; Reading Comprehension; and Data Analysis and Decision Making.
The combined score of Part I and Part II is weighted at 40%. MULTIPLECHOICE TESTS ARE NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19.
Only applicants that achieve a combined passing score of 70% or higher on Part I and Part II will proceed to the next test administration (Part III).PART III:
An interview exam covering Technical Knowledge; Analytical Ability; Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills; Organizational Skills; and Oral Communication weighted at 50%.
Only applicants that achievea combined passing score of 70% or higher on Part III will proceed to the next test administration (Part IV).PART IV:
An evaluation of Training & Experience measuring Technical Knowledge and Clerical/Office Computing based upon supplemental questionnaire weighted at 10%. APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS AND MUST ACHIEVE A PASSING SCORE OF 70% OR HIGHER ON THE EXAMINATION IN ORDER TO BE PLACED ON THE ELIGIBLE REGISTER.
Invitation letters to the test(s) will be sent electronically to the email address provided on the application. It is important that candidates provide a valid email address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book and list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail.
Notice of Non Acceptance and Final Result letter will be mailed via USPS. Test scores cannot be given over the telephone. T R A N S FER OF SCORES
Applicants that have taken identical multiple choice test part(s) for other exams within the last 12 months, will have their multiple choice test responses for the identical test part(s) automatically transferred to this examination.
This examination contains test parts that may be used in the future for new examinations. Your scores will be transferred to the new examination and may not be allowed to retake any identical multiple choice test parts for at least 12 months. TEST PREPARATION
Test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for the multiple choice employment tests:
- Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests. An interactive, Online Test Preparation System for taking practice tests may be accessed on the Department of Human Resources website at http://hr.lacounty.gov/ . Please click on "Find a Job" and then "Job Search Toolkit." Test Preparation Information is located under the "Employment Test Assistance" section.
- You can also access test preparation for the computerized portion of the test by going to http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html .
While these practice materials will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review ALL related materials that you deem necessary. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period ofsix (6) months following the date of promulgation.
Applications will be processed on an as-received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
No person may compete in this examination more than once every six (6) months. VACANCY INFORMATION:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout Chief Executive Office, as they occur. AVAILABLE SHIFT:
Day APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATION:
Applications must be filed online only. Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax or in person will NOT be accepted. We must receive your application by the last day of filing. Any required documents must bereceivedat the timeof filing or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission. Note: If you are unable to attach documentation to your online application, you may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please ensureto referenceyourattachment bywriting yourfull name, examination title, and examination number on the subject of your email.Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted.
Apply online by clicking the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
Provide any relevant job experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. IMPORTANT NOTES:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
- ALL information included in the application materials is subject to VERIFICATION.
- We may reject your application at any point during the examination and hiring process, including after an appointment has been made.
- FALSIFICATION of any information may result in DISQUALIFICATION .
- Utilizing VERBIAGE from Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT be sufficient to meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION and you may be DISQUALIFIED .
- Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the Selection Requirements . Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number. COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County. NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their OWN user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.ADA Coordinator Email:
email@example.com Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
VirnaCudiamatDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 351-2953Department Contact Email:
vcudiamat@ hr.la county.gov
Closing Date/Time: Continuous