The Lifeguard will protect the lives of the City's patrons by sitting on the stand, scanning the water, observing patron's activities and enforcing pool rules and regulations. Other duties include ensuring the sanitation of water conditions, providing customer service and answering customer's questions, setting up facilities for special events and interacting with City employees and the general public.Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- Provides service to the general public by coaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers' of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Prepares facilities for special events by setting up tables and chairs and decorating.
- A high school diploma or GED and a valid Texas Class C driver's license preferred.
- A Lifeguard Certification (Red Cross, YMCA, or Ellis), First Aid and CPR Certification is REQUIRED or must be able to obtain certifications after hire date.
- Water Safety Instructor's (WSI) Certificate preferred.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous