This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and Extra-Help vacancies. Extra-Help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receives and reviews complaints filed in all types of cases.
- Examines the evidence, interrogates witnesses, and investigates the scene of the crime.
- Determines if a crime has been committed, and whether the evidence justifies prosecution.
- Conducts pleadings, arraignments, pretrial agreements, and other aspects of trial work.
- Assigns investigators to secure evidence or makes personal investigations.
- Confers with the judge or defense attorney regarding modification or withdrawal of charges.
- Selection of jurors, prosecution and dispositions of cases.
- Argues points of law, presents opening statements, final arguments or summations.
- Prepares and reviews correspondence; dictates briefs and handles appeals.
- Advises the public and local law enforcement agencies on legal procedures/problems.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:Level I
One (1) year of experience in the practice of civil or criminal law.Level III
Two (2) years of experience in the practice of civil or criminal law.Level IV
Two (2) years of experience as a Deputy District Attorney III with Merced County OR
four (4) years of experience in the practice of law.Special Requirement:
Active membership in the State Bar of California.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous