DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Children's Medical Services, CMS
California Children's Services, CCS
3400 Aerojet Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
Free employee parking is provided. This position is eligible for a 9/80 work schedule. Onsite employee-paid Montessori childcare center available. Public transportation services are also very convenient.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates referrals and requests for medical service made by physicians, parents, teachers, social workers, nurses and various agencies, considering the impact of varied diagnoses of medical maladies affecting children, the treatment generally required for the ailments and the guidelines for service, and makes determinations of medical eligibility and the type and extent of care proposed for California Children Services.
- Approves requests by physicians for hospitalization of children, assisting in arrangements for hospitals not on approved list, and explains California Children Services regulations to physicians.
- Determines whether physician's specialty is appropriate to the patient's condition and whether physicians are on State's approved panel.
- Advises non-panel physicians on procedure for becoming approved.
- Refers patients to specific medical specialists who have been certified by the State Department of Health, California Children Services.
- Reviews medical reports and correspondence on assigned cases and coordinates the arrangements for approved medical services.
- Participates in case conferences to evaluate treatment proposals and to provide interpretations regarding application of California Children Service policies.
- Reviews and authorizes requests for medical equipment and authorizes dispensing of supplies such as drugs, appliances, braces and visiting nurse services.
- Determines medical eligibility of referrals for emergency hospitalization or diagnostic studies and expedites the processing of requests for treatment services requested over the telephone.
- Based on the physician's plan of treatment for the patient, the coordinator's knowledge and the program guides, determines the amount of time that will be allotted for hospitalization and has authority to approve an extension of time for eligible services rendered.
- Reviews each assigned case at least once yearly, requesting and evaluating current medical reports, and determines if medical services should be continued and orders closure when maximum benefits of treatment have been achieved.
- Interprets program to physicians, parents, teachers, social workers and to agencies and provides general information concerning medical eligibility requirements and procedures.
- Assists those not eligible in developing private or other plans for obtaining medical care.
- Attends meetings that update eligibility guidelines and spell out the general conditions under which they will operate.
- Reads professional journals and attends seminars and lectures to become informed on new developments relating to the function.
Requirements Two years of paid experience as a Registered Nurse.-OR-One year's experience as a Registered Nurse in a Pediatric setting. -OR-One year's experience as a Registered Nurse in a Case management setting.License(s) Required
A current and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A valid California Class C Driver's License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
have a current and valid license as a Professional Registered Nurse, without limitations or restrictions.
*In order to receive credit for any college course work, or any type of college degree, such as a Bachelor's degree, you MUST include a legible copy of the official diploma, or official transcripts from the accredited institution which shows the area of specialization with your application or within 15 calendar days from the date of filing.Desirable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited* college or university with a specialty in NURSING.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, document management systems, and other databases and software programs.
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title of Registered Nurse II
or equivalent are invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, copies of their attendance record for the last 24 months, and any additional information the candidate wishes taken into consideration. All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview.Interested candidates should submit documents via email to:Jacklyn Jones
Children's Medical Services
California Children's Services
9320 Telstar Avenue #200
El Monte, CA 91731Phone:
firstname.lastname@example.org **DO NOT APPLY ONLINE***