TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page states the "Terms and Conditions" under which you may use Careers In Government. Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use this web site and service. By using this web site, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the terms of these Terms and Conditions. Careers In Government, Inc. (the"Company") may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. The terms "You" and "User" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason.
Use of Material
The Company authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on CareersInGovernment.com (the "Web Site") solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
All or portions of the contents of this Web Site, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other "Material", may be protected under United States copyright, trademark and other laws. All Material is the property of the Company or its content suppliers or clients. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of the Company. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the Company creates to generate its pages.
Acceptable Site Use
General Rules: Users may not use the Web Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
Web Site Security Rules. Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
Specific Prohibited Uses
Individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees may use the Web Site only for lawful purposes. The Company specifically prohibits any use of the Web Site, and all users agree not to use the Web Site, for any of the following:
- Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own accurate resume.
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site.
- Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Web Site's infrastructure.
- If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this Web Site, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Web Site other than the search engine and search agents available from the Company on this Web Site and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer).
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Web Site.
- Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Web Site.
- Framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the Web Site.
You must keep your valid email address up-to-date and accurate at all times. To use the Services to display a resume you must keep the resume information current.
If you are registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
The services are not available to temporarily or indefinitely suspended accounts. Careers in Government reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel unconfirmed or inactive accounts. Similarly, Careers in Government may refuse service, to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
Passwords. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Careers in Government cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure to comply with the above.