Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under supervision, to perform unskilled duties related to the painting of traffic control markings and devices, including layout and painting of crosswalks, stop bars, turn arrows and setting up the necessary traffic controls; and performs other related work. Approximate employment duration : This position is a 120-Day assignment. The employment period normally is May through August. This position will work 40 hours per week, weather permitting. Regularly scheduled Monday-Friday with some weekend work required. Deadline :
Applications are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Acceptable Experience and Training
Required Special Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Requires any combination equivalent to the completion of the eleventh grade.
- Possession of a valid driver's license or equivalent mobility is required.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable driving record background checks.
- Passing a pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to employment.
- Carries reflecting beads, paint, supplies and tools for traffic control painting assignments;
- Assists with pavement striping machine and loading paint;
- Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks;
- Places and retrieves traffic cones;
- Drives pick-up trucks;
- Performs general cleanup work.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous