The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
An employee in this class is responsible for driving a multi passenger vehicle (bus, van, minivan, etc.) to transport program participants safely from one location to another. Work is normally performed under the general supervision of a higher classified employee who issues written and oral instructions. Work is reviewed by the immediate supervisor; constant supervision is not necessary for routine and repetitive tasks. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Completes a daily bus trip log, pre-trip and post trip inspections, accident/incident reports
- Performs weekly maintenance of bus including interior and exterior cleaning
- Operates a child safety alarm system, video surveillance system and passenger ADA ramp/lift
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Performs related work as required.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Must possess a Pediatric CPR/First Aid certificate or obtain within 90 days of employment
- Must possess a current and valid State of Florida CDL-B Driver's License with School Bus and Passenger endorsement
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record
- Must pass a medical examination for commercial driver fitness
- Must pass a fingerprinting/background screening process prior to employment
- Ability to inspect and properly use a fire extinguisher
- Completes all licensing in-service training sessions and maintain current licensing requirements for file
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. While performing duties, employee is usually sitting and frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders, and use hand and fingers dexterity keyboarding. Sometimes work is stressful when working under stringent time constraints. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous