About The City
The City of Marina has approximately 93 full time employees, and several seasonal workers, part-time/temporary workers and volunteers. The general fund budget is $20.4 million, a total department budget of approximately $8 million. The City is a full-service city, and consists of the following departments: City Manager’s Office, Police, Fire, Community Development, which includes Airport, Planning, Engineering, Building and Public Works; Development Services Department, which includes Redevelopment, Housing, Real Estate and Property Management, Economic Development; and Recreation and Cultural Services, Finance, and Human Resources and Risk Management.
An Exciting Time for the City of Marina!
- Marina is proud of its sizeable ethnic and culturally diverse population.
- You can enjoy four shopping centers and conduct financial business affairs with four banks.
- Marina’s library is a large modern facility.
- In collaboration with the Monterey Unified School District, Marina opened Marina High School, its first high school. It is also the home to Los Arboles Middle School, Olson Elementary School, Marina Vista Elementary School, and Crumpton Elementary School.
- Marina includes portions of the California State University Monterey Bay, Golden Gate University, the University of California Monterey Bay Education, Science & Technology Center (MBEST).
- The Dunes Development is a major project currently underway, which includes a housing component and major retailers, including Target, REI, Kohls, Old Navy, Michael’s, Best Buy and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a state of the art movie theater, and several eating establishments for your convenience.
- Marina’s airport can accommodate private, business or recreational aircraft.
- Marina encompasses 9,000 acres, which was once owned by ‘Fort Ord’ and is in the process of returning it to the public for natural habitat, educational opportunities and development.
- Marina offers residents the Peninsula Wellness Center and an Anytime Fitness location for your health and fitness needs.
- Visitors can enjoy the beautiful water-front Marina Dunes Resort and time share, the Ramada Inn, or the newly opened Springfield Suites by Marriott.
0 job(s) at City of Marina