Ralph Andersen & Associates » Executive Recruiters
The following directory of executive search firms is an informative service for both public sector employers and job seekers alike. Executive search firms provide a variety of important and valuable services which include: personnel management and classification systems development; candidate recruitment and testing; test development and training; and general consultation on human resources-related topics.
Please do not send unsolicited resumes to executive search firms unless you are applying for a specific position for which they are conducting an active recruitment.
Ralph Andersen & Associates has a clear focus in its approach to assignments:
- There’s always an entire team behind every assignment;
- We take a multi-disciplinary approach to meeting our client’s needs;
- We provide a broad range of personalized services; and
- We keep commitments, performing at a level that exceeds our client’s expectations.
Since 1972, we’ve provided executive search and consulting services to an array of cities, counties, special districts, state agencies, and other organizations. As one of the first in the nation to work exclusively in the public sector, we have become a leader in local government issues. We have worked hard to earn and maintain a reputation for excellence by delivering exceptional quality, meeting client objectives, and producing results on time, on budget, as promised.
Providing exceptional client service takes exceptional people. Our staff has worked exclusively with public sector clients for many years, gaining an understanding of the intricacies and nuances of local government placement and municipal management consulting. This awareness enables us to work quickly and effectively. To keep clients informed, our project directors work from start to finish on an assignment, remaining available during each step in the process.
Because every client and each position are unique, we tailor our search process to match the right candidate with the right organization. Our success comes from our personal approach and techniques developed and refined over more than 36 years, with hundreds of clients. Working one-to-one with the client, we gain a thorough understanding of the position and organization that allows us to identify outstanding potential candidates. During the evaluation phase, we use our understanding and experience to gain a complete picture of the background, experience, and management style of the top candidates. We strive to find the best fit for our client in order to achieve a long-term successful placement.
We have found that the key elements of the search process can be tailored to fit the specific needs of our client and should include the following:
- Developing a comprehensive position profile based upon information obtained in individual meetings with key management staff and others, as directed.
- Reviewing current compensation and recommending changes based upon market and competitive conditions.
- Developing a marketing strategy that taps professional contacts throughout the geographic area identified and supplements the extensive candidate identification process through selected advertising and use of the Internet.
- Creating specific outreach to attract women and minority candidates to consider the career opportunity.
- Implementing a screening process that narrows the field of candidates to those that most closely match the needs of our client, including discussing results of preliminary reference checks on top candidates.
- Conducting personal interviews with the top candidates that meet the stated criteria.
- Assisting during the interview and the selection process, including an optional Assessment Center, if desired.
- Delivering a product in the form of a search report that recommends the top group of candidates and provides the client with detailed information about their backgrounds and experience from interviews and other sources.
- Assisting in negotiating a compensation package.
At Ralph Andersen & Associates, we believe in an approach that meets our client’s needs in terms of timetable and budget.