The Irvine Ranch Water District is hiring for an innovative, customer-service focused IT User Support Manager
in our Information Services Department
.Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD):
Established in 1961 as a California Water District under the provisions of the California Water Code , IRWD is an independent special district serving central Orange County. IRWD provides high-quality drinking water, reliable sewage collection and treatment, ground-breaking recycled water programs, and environmentally sound urban runoff treatment to its customers. As an independent, not-for-profit public agency, IRWD is governed by a publicly elected five-member Board of Directors. Board members are elected from five divisions and serve four-year terms. The Board is responsible for the District's policies and decision-making. Day-to-day operations are supervised by the General Manager. The Department:
The mission of the Information Services Department is to research, develop, integrate and support reliable, secure cost-effective information systems that improve and enhance current and future business requirements of customers and provide a high level of customer satisfaction. The Information Services Department provides implementation, management, security, and support for the District's information systems, voice, and data communications systems.The Position:
The User Support Manager reports to the Director of Information Services and manages three (3) User Support Administrators and one (1) Information Services Coordinator. The User Support Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising the activities and efficient operation of the Information Services department's user support functions.Selection and Pre-Placement Processes:
Applications will be screened carefully, and selected applicants will be invited to an interview. The selected candidate must complete a reference check/employment verification, background investigation, and pre-employment medical exam.
Summary of Duties
- Select, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff, determining job assignments, reviewing work products and provide training as necessary.
- Develop strategic plans, policies and procedures, technical standards, plans, and project schedules for personal computer and mobile device hardware, operating systems and applications, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone systems, printing devices, and audio-visual systems and equipment.
- Manage the design, configuration, testing, analyzing, and supporting of personal computer, mobile device, wireless access, and associated applications infrastructure.
- Keep current with updates to technology, including personal computers, mobile devices, audio- visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, broadband access, operating systems and desktop applications.
- Review and evaluate user technology and application needs and requirements and implement solutions to improve user satisfaction.
- Manage delivery of user support, including help desk application administration, aligning with best practices.
- Manage operating systems, hardware and software support for personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers.
- Manage review of requirements and recommend selection of personal computers, operating systems, desktop applications software, help desk software, personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers.
- Manage support and training for enterprise desktop applications, including office productivity, messaging, web, backup servers, audio-visual systems, and VoIP telephone systems.
- Manage preparation of personal computer, mobile device, audio visual, systems, VoIP telephone system, and desktop applications related documentation.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required. For degrees obtained outside of the U.S., an official equivalency evaluation is required.
License / Certifications Required:
- Five (5) years of experience, including two (2) in a supervisory capacity, in the following areas is required: managing user and desktop applications support, including personal computer and mobile device operating systems and applications software and wireless access; managing user support for Microsoft Windows and iOS operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Sharepoint and ServiceNow help desk software.
- Five (5) years' experience managing, installing, and supporting audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, and multi-function printing devices and three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Office 365 and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) desired.
Additional Information The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Class 'C' California Driver's License.
- Microsoft System Certified Engineer (MSCE) and/or Microsoft 365 certification desired.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification desired.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of office/field employees and management. Represent District in a professional manner when dealing with outside suppliers and customers. Ability to explain, demonstrate and clarify to others within well-established policies, procedures and standards, as well as the ability to follow specific instructions and respond to simple and difficult requests from others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages, fractions and decimals. Algebra and Statistical Analysis desired.
Proficient in the use of MS Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel). Keyboarding abilities sufficient to perform the job.
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability
Ability to use good personal judgment and discretion in performing all job functions.
Regularly required to sit, bend, stoop and stand. Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Noise level is generally equivalent to typical office environment. Ability to work in an environment which may expose employee to hazardous materials and environment. Occasional visits to construction sites where noise level may be higher than typical office environment.
To submit an application, click on the green "APPLY"
button at the top right of the screen.For a complete job description, click here
.For more information regarding our benefits, click here .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous