PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANT - UNDERFILL for PSYCHOLOGIST 1 - Requisition ID: 15334
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-HHS DPBH RURAL CLINICS
*Pay Grade: GRADE 41
Salary Range: $68,632.56 - $103,168.08
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: NICOLE PEEK
Phone: 775 684-0129
The Division of Public and Behavioral Health: Rural Clinics (RC) is recruiting for a full time Psychological Assistant (underfill for a Licensed Psychologist 1) in Carson City, NV. Rural Clinics provides an array of outpatient behavioral health services for both adults and children in 16 clinics in 12 counties across Rural Nevada. Services are generally provided Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Services assist individuals to achieve self-sufficiency and recovery. Any position that requires licensure to provide clinical services must be maintained, without lapses and be in good standing with subsequent boards. This clinic has been designated as a loan repayment site through the National Health Services Corps (NHSC), a program of the Health Research and Services Administration (HRSA). This position serves as a direct care provider providing psychotherapy services to adults and/or children and adolescents and their families, including conduct psychological assessments and provide consultation to other providers. Licensed Psychologists with Rural Clinics are expected to take on a leadership role within the agency and may be asked to perform other services including program development, research and evaluation. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and /or competency in multiculturalism and human diversity standards of practice. In addition, this position may be asked to provide clinical supervision and training to behavioral health trainees within the agency, possibly including one or more doctoral psychology interns enrolled in the APA Accredited Nevada Psychology Internship Consortium (NV-PIC). The State of Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health provides unique opportunities to provide psychological services to smaller communities.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- An active doctoral psychology internship agreement and/or a certificate of successful completion of a doctoral psychology internship program is required at the time of application.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid Nevada driver's license or equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Psychological Assistants must be approved as a Registered Psychological Assistant by the State of Nevada Board of Psychological Examiners at the time of appointment and must remain in good standing with the Board as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Carson City Nearest Secondary Market: