CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for administrative and clerical functions in support of both the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and the Emergency Manager which includes, but is not limited to, the scheduling and coordination of meetings, maintaining the calendar of appointments, projects, and deadlines, coordinating travel, and being the primary designee for payroll and timekeeping for sworn and civilian police staff. The incumbent initiates and coordinates requests for information on data as required, prepares memoranda, reports and correspondence, and distributes memos, policies and reports.
• Intakes phone calls and routing as appropriate for handling, monitors the timely completion of time-sensitive standards and reports.
• Maintains a general knowledge of the department's operation as a complete unit and participates in cross training within the department as deemed appropriate by the Chief of Police.
• Purchases materials, services, and supplies as needed ensuring compliance relative to department credit card procedures and campus and state purchasing regulations, including reconciliation of appropriate statements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3EQYvNU
• Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time, general office clerical and administrative support experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
• Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; office methods, procedures, and practices; and university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
• Ability and specialized skills to: coordinate many different administrative duties; interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; set deadlines, priorities, and complete projects accordingly; draft and prepare memoranda and correspondence.
• Ability to keep moderately complex records and files; screen mail, telephone calls, and visitors; maintain confidential files; perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; and operate standard office equipment and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification/grade: 1035 / Admin Support Coord / 1
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3505 - $4100, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3505 - $5508 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The position is currently hybrid (4 days in office, 1 day remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
• Applications received through December 15, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California