Charleston County is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team to assist in managing one of the largest transportation infrastructure programs in the Southeast! This is a highly challenging, yet rewarding position, and the perspective team member needs to have determination matched with a positive attitude. The principal function of this position is to serve as the Public Works Department's Community Relations Specialist and supervise our customer service team to relay information about the Department. HIRING RANGE: $60,507 - 68,140 (Estimated Annual Salary
)APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; application review begins immediately.Duties and ResponsibilitiesDUTIES INCLUDE ( but are not limited to ):
- Prepares project updates, reports, presentations, and/ or summaries for citizens, County Council, the Deputy County Administrator, internal staff meetings, and other stakeholders (US Senators and Congress, Municipalities, SCDOT, and other various stakeholders) regarding the Public Works Department.
- Creates and maintains project spreadsheets with accurate project information such as municipal jurisdiction, council district, etc. and be able to develop meaningful reports/statistics from that information
- Attends and professionally coordinates aspects of public meetings, including meeting announcements
- Provides effective leadership, motivation, and supervision to subordinate and related support personnel
- Identifies opportunities to help others in the Department streamline processes to minimize questions/inquiries from citizens to improve efficiencies.
- Manages Charleston County Public Works website to ensure the Department's webpage contains accurate project information that is easily understood and valuable to citizens.
- Manages, reviews, and oversees specific project websites to ensure pertinent information can easily be found and is understood by citizens.
- Drafts and assists projects managers with project news releases and other public documents to ensure that all information is comprehensive to their subject audience.
- Compose clear and coherent technical documents including, but not limited to, project grant applications, strategic plans, Standard Operation Procedures, and other miscellaneous publications.
- Assist project managers with organizing project files to ensure that project information is easily accessible to all within the department.
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field required supplemented with 3 - 5 years of applicable progressively responsible work experience and training; OR any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work. Strong writing skills are required.Closing Date/Time: