Salary: 90,351.06 USD
Salary Top: 113,915.46
Phone: (904) 209-0635
Apply By: Jul 14, 2022
St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners is seeking a Systems Architect for our well established Management Information Services department whose headquarters are located in beautiful St. Augustine, Florida.
St. Johns County residents enjoy a healthy quality of life with many perks including the #1 rated public school system in the State of Florida, miles of beach shoreline, peaceful estuary scenery of the St. Johns River, long established agriculture and equestrian scene, and the nation’s oldest city, historic St. Augustine. In 2019 St. Johns County was ranked the 10th fastest growing county in the United States showcasing that there is truly something for everyone in St. Johns County!
The newly selected Systems Architect is responsible for leveraging technology to align business operations with the organization’s strategic vision. Through the development of operational improvement strategies and initiatives, the Systems Architect is expected to achieve a culture of technological excellence, optimized solutions and sustained execution. The ideal candidate will lead in the development of technological direction as it relates to the organization’s pursuit of an Enterprise Resource Planning system and/or other related applications.
The ideal Systems Architect candidate must possess St. Johns County’s core values of compassion, innovation, and trustworthiness and must work well in a collaborative team environment. Some of the specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Serves as liaison between the County’s enterprise-wide ERP third-party vendor and business units to analyze, and map business processes and workflows; translates and documents business requirements into technical requirements for implementation and integration of related department operations.
- Provides guidance and collaborates with senior leaders to create and maintain an operating plan to that supports the strategic vision and platform that defines the process, tools and technology.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for efficiency, productivity and other improvements utilizing documented business processes and workflows. Develops written documentation for applicable county departments for use of the ERP application.
- Works closely with software providers, implementation partners, third-party vendors and key solutions partners to develop the vision and scope of the technology service.
- Provides oversight and guidance on each phase of the ERP implementation life cycle to include: planning and organization, system selection and installation, data conversion and loading, user training and procedure development, testing and data validation, cut-over and “go-live”, project completion and ongoing evaluation of ERP application.
Candidates for the Systems Architect are encouraged to apply if they meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration with a focus on network architecture, data structures, or similar course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understanding the major duties of the position, usually interpreted to require three to five years of progressively responsible experience. Experience with ERP software implementation preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and any other endorsements necessary to legally operate vehicles used while assigned to this position.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to serve others.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
In order to be considered you will need to complete an application via our career page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sjcfl/jobs/3599207/systems-architect-enterprise-resource-planning-erp
Emailed resumes or otherwise will not be accepted.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners is a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
All employment actions are taken without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
St. Augustine, Florida