Description: Project Manager
(Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II) Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,000 - $5,800 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $4,693 - $8,489 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Planning and Design and working collaboratively to support the Associate Director of Construction Services, the Project Manager is a member of the Planning Design & Construction team, a unit under the Facilities Management Department. The Project Manager independently directs, manages, and oversees the design and construction of minor and major construction projects, from project inception through project closeout. Typical projects include major and minor renovations, and capital renewal/deferred maintenance projects.
Key responsibilities include the management and oversight of design, project documentation, budget development, construction bid process, project scheduling, control of quality, change order negotiation, customer move-in coordination, warranty, and cost control through project completion. Coordinates campus review and outside agency review of the design and construction documents and initiates revisions to design packages when necessary.Key Qualifications
Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations related to assigned area of responsibility including environmental policies and laws under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Modern principles, practices, and techniques of current and advanced planning. Working knowledge of Public Works laws, design and construction ordinances and other regulations applicable to building, construction, maintenance, and repair including building codes for the State of California, fire codes, ADA regulations, industry standards and regulations.
The occupational hazards and applicable safety standards and procedures. • Knowledge of and ability to develop and monitor project design budgets.
Learn, interpret and apply a wide variety of Federal, State, and University regulations, policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
Anticipates the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas; analyzes operational and procedural problems and develops, recommends and evaluates proposed solutions.
Analyzes budgetary data, and makes accurate projections requiring some inference. Writes and presents own reports. Effectively handles interpersonal interactions at all levels. Uses negotiation and persuasion skills verbally and in writing in a professional and tactful manner to achieve results and expedite projects.
The incumbent must have sound judgment, creativity, management and problem solving skills, as well as excellent customer skills, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
Excellent customer service and public relations skills. Ability to represent the department in a professional manner to determine campus costumers needs and design requirements.
Proven ability to manage large numbers of projects in various stages of completion simultaneously.
Effectively administration, communication, organizational, interpersonal, multi-tasking, detailed documentation. Record keeping, and information management skills are mandatory.
Effectively organize and manage students and multiple tasks in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Develop and implement short and long-term plans and initiatives to meet established goals and objectives.
Interpersonal, and communication skills, including ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and ability to collaborate across organizational lines.
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description
button above.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field
- Equivalent to (8) eight years of experience in architectural or engineering planning and design work for a broad variety of building types, which includes a minimum of five years' leading and/or supervising the work of others (including project consultant team)
- OR equivalent to (8) eight years of experience in project management, architecture, engineering or construction management will be considered.
Specialized Skills: Specialized Skills are required for candidates to be considered for the position.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, design, and construction administration, over a variety of construction delivery methods.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, provide budget analyses and apply administrative processes to successfully complete projects
- Thorough knowledge of pertinent state, federal, and planning, design, and construction concepts, methods and related rules, laws, and regulations
- Experience creating a highly responsive, customer-oriented portfolio of facilities-related services
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
- Experience within the California State University, 4-year higher education public university, or City public works agency
- Professional license in Architecture and/or Engineering (or working towards)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) certificate
- Experience with Design/Build and CM@Risk construction delivery methods
- Experience using AutoCAD, Plan Grid and Bluebeam
- Experience in conceptual capital project budgeting and scheduling, project planning, design, and project development is desired
- DSA Certified Accessibility Specialist (CASp) certification
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling and web based project management application is preferred.
- Direct experience in the management and supervision of consultants and/or professional staff direct reports in higher education capital program planning and management, preferably for a large institution is preferred
Facilities Management provides the campus community a wide range of services in order to better serve our current students and the students of tomorrow. We are a dedicated team of professionals that emphasizes the integration of our collective expertise. Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by July 21, 2022
will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate. policystat.com/policy/9779821/ latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled