Description: Customer Service Support Technician
(Accounting Technician III) Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,532 - $3,709 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $3,532 - $6,198 per month
- This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller and is a member of Accounting Services. Accounting Services is under the Division of Administrative Services which reports to the Vice President of Administration. Positions in this classification require a comprehensive knowledge of financial record-keeping methods, procedures, and practices, and a basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position performs a wide variety of duties requiring considerable organization, judgment, initiative, and independence. Incumbents in this classification provide technical assistance and work direction to other employees, devise new methods, modify and document established procedures based on precedent and university policies and develop new procedures as necessary; work with subject matter requiring technical expertise; and resolve difficult and unusual problems.Key Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial record-keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PC internet and email.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate information, verbally and in writing, that is organized, clear, accurate and concise
- Deal with subject matter requiring technical expertise.
- Devise new methods and develop new procedures as necessary.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, coworkers, members of the university and general public from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Exhibit consistent, excellent customer service and listening skills while projecting a professional, service-oriented attitude.
- Handle multiple tasks while exercising good judgment, control, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Investigate and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Modify and document established procedures based on precedent and university policies.
- Operate standard office machines, calculators, and personal computers.
- Perform clerical, cashiering, and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare and analyze reconciliations, complex excel spreadsheets, and word documents effectively and efficiently.
- Prioritize workload effectively and efficiently to anticipate conditions (plan, establish priorities, and meet deadlines).
- Provide technical and/or work direction to other employees.
- Review web pages and make recommendations for updates.
- Use initiative and judgment in analyzing information and determining course of action within the specifications of standard practice and established guidelines.
- Work extended hours during peak periods (registration, payment deadlines, etc.).
- Work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance appraisals
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description
button above.Education and Experience
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Equivalent to four years of progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience which has provided the above knowledge and abilities.
- Experience working with integrated electronic systems and/or other types of cashiering, key card or records management systems.
- Experience preparing reports, spreadsheets, and reconciliations.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret university policies and regulations for students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience using PeopleSoft Finance and Cashnet or other computerized accounting and cashiering systems.
- Two or more years of college with an accounting emphasis.
- California State University or other higher education experience or other government experience.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Working knowledge of databases and reporting.
- Supervisory/lead experience.
- Demonstrated history of providing excellent Customer Service
The University Controller/Accounting Services Office is dedicated to facilitating the primary mission of the University by seeking the most cost-effective methods of delivering services while continuing to implement improvement of services to students, faculty, staff and all other customers. Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by June 6, 2022
will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click "Apply Now" to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references. Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate. policystat.com/policy/9779821/ latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled