The purpose of this position is to provide transportation assistance to the City's employees and the general public. This is accomplished by providing door-to-door service to senior citizens and persons with physical or mental disabilities for work, school, medical, and other essential services. Other duties include operating the city transit; providing for the safe, efficient timely transportation of persons and interacting with other City employees and the general public.Essential Job Functions
- Provides transportation assistance to the City by driving a city/transit vehicle to necessary locations; operating a two-way radio; assisting persons in wheel chairs and ambulatory aids and completing necessary paperwork.
- Provides customer service to the public by assisting with the elderly and disabled citizens; and providing information and directions as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 1+ years of experience, preferably in a similar driving position. Five (5) or more years of experience in Para-transit driving preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver's License with a minimum CDL with passenger endorsement is required.
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous