The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Data Analyst providing support to Maternal & Child Health Service (MCH).This is a state employee position PIN 34002760 governed by the Civil Service Rules
, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022
. The annual salary for this position are up to $66,471-$74,7777, based on education and experience . Position Summary
This position has the primary responsibility for analyzing Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) Medicaid records linked with Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) vital records and program service records. The Data Analyst will perform analyses of these linked data and other MCH-related datasets, assist with the interpretation of findings, and prepare reports of study results. This position will provide broad analytic support for various projects designed to assess the health status and health care of the maternal, infant, and child populations in Oklahoma. Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Coordinate the data linkages of OHCA Medicaid records with OSDH vital statistics and program services data.
• Perform analyses of linked Medicaid/birth data to support planning and evaluation of Maternal and Child Health programs, OHCA service delivery, and other OSDH/OHCA needs.
• Conduct descriptive and complex statistical analyses of MCH-related data.
• Collect, manage, analyze, interpret, and display data using visualization tools.
• Prepare analytic results to be used in agency and program area planning, including written reports and publications.
• Assure data integrity through the course of its usage to include collection, storage, editing, analysis, and reporting.
• Support the completion of Medicaid-related components of the Title V MCH Block Grant Application and Annual Report, as well as the Title V 5-Year Needs Assessment.
• Present written and oral reports of analyses, assuring that presentations are suitable for diverse audiences. Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong experience in the use of statistical analysis tools and appropriate analytic techniques for the data being analyzed and demonstrated skills in the use of SAS and other statistical analysis software as needed. Requirements consist of the ability to interpret and evaluate results; demonstrated ability to interpret conclusions of analysis and to share results in a manner appropriate for a given audience; to prepare reports, including statistical outcomes, charts or other graphic displays of data; to catalog and maintain electronic records, logs, and documentation related to the linking of data and analyses. Thoroughness and attention to accuracy is fundamental. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to be successful in this position. Ability to complete linkages and deliver results in a timely manner. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Master's degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, health informatics or a closely related field is required. One year experience is preferred. Previous experience with data manipulation and analysis is preferred. NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Closing Date/Time: 8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM