Department: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - PUBLIC AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Business Unit: HR-COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $61,011.36 - $91,350.00
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: NICOLE PEEK
Phone: 775 684-0129
The Division of Public and Behavioral Health is recruiting for a Community Health Nurse 2 in Winnemucca. Community Health Nurses provide professional nursing care to clients in the community setting. Incumbents provide reproductive health services for men and women, identify and treat communicable diseases, conduct health screenings, and analyze and interpret test results. Community Health Nurses conduct infant and child health assessments and counseling, perform physical and developmental screenings, and administer immunizations. Incumbents consult and collaborate with organizations and agencies in the community to encourage health, wellness, and disease prevention through a variety of settings. The successful candidate will also participate in community emergency preparedness and attend the Board of Health and Local Emergency Preparedness Meetings as a community partner.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and two years of professional nursing experience, one year of which was in a public health setting; OR one year of experience as a Community Health Nurse I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education, licensure and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing is equivalent to a diploma or Associate's degree in nursing and one year of experience.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Reno