PARK MAINTENANCE WORKER I SALARY INFORMATION
I n addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective July 1, 2022 - 3.5% increase
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment is being held to establish an open eligible list to fill current and future Park Maintenance Worker I positions within the OC Community Resources/OC Parks. The eligible list established may also be used to fill similar and/or lower-level classifications throughout the County of Orange. DEADLINE TO APPLY
This recruitment will remain open on a continuous basis for a minimum of five (5) business days, until the needs of the County are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
The County of Orange
, OC Parks
encompasses regional, wilderness and historical facilities, as well as the OC Parks Zoo and coastal areas throughout the County of Orange in California. Featuring 60,000 acres of parkland, open space and shoreline, Orange County's award-winning parks and programs are enjoyed by millions of residents and visitors each year, in ways as diverse as the parks themselves. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Park Maintenance Worker I position performs routine unskilled and semiskilled grounds maintenance, landscape, and facility maintenance, along with repair work. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Clean and inspect amenities such as bathrooms, offices, or outdoor areas
- Hardscape and landscape maintenance including removal of debris, vegetation, weed control, washing, raking, or concrete patching
- Removing trash bags or litter and performing trash receptacle maintenance
- General custodial services including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and cleaning
- Small equipment operation and maintenance
- Administrative and customer service tasks that include public contact
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and experience in the following core competencies:Technical Expertise
- Experience with landscaping and lawn care
- Experience with basic plumbing, masonry and carpentry work
- Experience in hand and power tools used in facilities and ground maintenance and repair
- Understanding and following maintenance practices and procedures
- Understanding instructions and carrying out tasks verbally and in writing
- Operating equipment and tools utilizing safe operating procedures
- Identifying, reporting and correcting equipment problems in an efficient and timely manner
- Documenting and resolving maintenance and customer service issues
- Providing excellent customer service to park visitors
Please click here
for information regarding the minimum qualifications for Park Maintenance Worker I. RECRUITMENT PROCESS Application Screening
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process.Online Assessment | Technical Skills Assessment | (Weighted 100%)
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in an online examination related to the essential job functions. The most successful candidates will be placed on an eligible list. Exam (Online Assessment) Dates
Week of January 10, 2022
Week of January 24, 2022
Week of February 07, 2022
Week of February 25, 2022* Schedule subject to change at any time. Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified.
Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.Eligible List
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination or testing as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, will be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing .
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted, they will be required to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position. EMAIL NOTIFICATION: Email
is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.NOTE:
User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com
. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact Lori Wright at Lori.Wright@occr.ocgov.com or (714) 480-2738.
EEO INFORMATION Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous