Description: Working Title
Systems Administrator SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Academic Technology Appointment Type
Probationary Time Base
Full Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; 9:00am to 6:00pm Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,800 - $7,417.00 per month ($81,600.00 - $89,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Academic Technology offers a complementary and comprehensive service portfolio to faculty, students, staff and academic organizations in direct support of teaching, learning and academic excellence at SF State. Services support physical classroom technology, virtual learning technologies, computer and software needs, and innovative technology applications.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President of Academic Technology, the Systems Administrator position serves as a hands-on analyst for Academic Technology systems infrastructure, data center, virtualization, and enabling technologies. Independently maintains maximum system availability, performance, security, and efficient operations of enterprise academic systems and infrastructure. Provisions, installs, configures, maintains, monitors, upgrades, and tunes UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems and related storage, network, security, and VMWare infrastructure. Position Information
- Responsible for design, analysis, modification, maintenance, and installation of server operating systems, databases, middleware, utilities, and related enabling software and systems
- Advanced administration of Linux and Windows servers within a virtualized environment and the associated application stack (Apache, PHP, database)
- Independently applies technical and non-technical judgment to solve a wide range of issues and develop practical and thorough solutions
- Configures, maintains, and supports campus servers and the academic technology services and applications that run on them
- Maintain VMWare environments and related services
- Installs and updates required server applications
- Monitors systems performance, uptime, and access, analyzing data to inform remedies to issues or affect performance changes
- Maintains enabling systems services or activities such as data backup, security assessment, and other
- Coordinate data center operations
- Conduct security scans, analyze, and remediate systems; monitor systems status to schedule patches and updates as appropriate to ensure secure systems
Service Intake, Consultation, and Outreach
- Process and respond to requests for systems related services and consultations
- Engage and follow-up with faculty to manage requests and implementations across their life cycle
- Conduct consultations with faculty and others related to requests, initiatives, or projects
- Coordinate outreach to users regarding maintenance, security, or ongoing tasks
Management of Projects and Initiative
- As assigned related to unit or campus-level needs.
Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
The career level is broad and includes intermediate through senior level positions. Incumbents at this level work relatively independently and possess the experience to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the work assignments defined for their position. Typically, incumbents have acquired the requisite skills and knowledge through a combination of education, training, and progressive work experience to be able to demonstrate competence in independently applying technical judgment to standard and nonstandard applications and systems, solving a wide range of problems and developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Comprehensive knowledge of server operating systems (including Linux, Ubuntu, Windows Server, and other common systems software packages)
• Comprehensive knowledge of LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack systems and configurations
• Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server models of delegation of administration
• Knowledge and production experience with the VMware vSphere Enterprise
• Experience using enterprise storage solutions (SAN/NAS) with VMware vSphere
• Knowledge of hardware for key systems infrastructure (servers, storage, network devices) including familiarity with vendors and current product lines
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, resolve, and communicate complex technical or systems-related issues
• Experience working in an environment with change management and closely regulated change controls
• Experience in creating and modifying scripts to configure and automate common tasks with Ansible or PowerShell and any of the common scripting languages
• Detailed understanding of network topologies and technologies including subnets, VLANs, firewalls, routers, and load balancers; procedures and tools for ensuring systems, transport, and data security
• Working knowledge of security tools such as VPN, IDS, and host-based firewalls
• Working knowledge of secure network protocols, such as SSH, TLS
• Maintain data backup/restore procedures and participate in IT business continuity planning and implementation
• Support development environments, developers, and programming procedures
• Create useful documentation; document operational procedures and SLA's; review policies and establish review cycles
• Working knowledge of Active Directory and authentication methods including Shibboleth.
• Experience supporting MySQL especially in scaled environments
• Familiarity with Virtual Desktop technologies and principles or experience with Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare View, or related technologies
• Familiarity or experience with academic technology systems Required/License/Certification
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. Environmental/Physical/Special
• Open office environment, classroom spaces, and on-campus facilities will be the venues for this position
• Ability to respond to emergency critical system outages or issues on some evenings, weekends, or holidays
• May require some off-campus travel, in particular to satellite campuses
• Work schedule may change at times to ensure delivery of campus services, and the work-week will be adjusted accordingly. Evening and weekend shifts may be required based on operational need on a rotating basis
• Academic Technology is a service unit that supports the entire campus community. In the interest of projecting a positive image to the constituents we serve, all employees must be professionally, neatly and appropriately attired at the work place
• Requires carrying or lifting equipment in data centers, server rooms, or related facilities
• Requires mobility to install, remove or relocate equipment in data center racks, shelving or in areas of limited space
• Position requires physical labor, with moderate lifting (15-44 pounds) and reaching above the shoulders
• Must work in some areas which are not ADA compliant and which have faulty or inoperative environmental control systems Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Employment Requirement
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled