- Semester: Spring 2022 - days/time TBD - (hybrid course delivery)
- College: College of Business Administration
- Department: Business Department
The College of Business Administration at California State University San Marcos seeks a part-time lecturer for Spring 2022 to teach BUS 300 - Business Professional Development. This required 2-unit course enhances students' professional skills by teaching interactive lessons pertaining to self-exploration, career exploration, and job search strategies. This course has multiple sections available and will meet in-person during the Spring 2022 semester (one 2-hour session per week). Video conferencing is integrated into the curriculum. It is a lecturer and career coach position. The candidate should have strong industry experience for at least the past eight (8) years. Salary is commensurate with credential and experience. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in the area of instruction or a closely related field
- Experience in management and recruiting, and/or executive experience
- Proficiency in using technology including but not limited to video conferencing (e.g., Zoom, Teams), Microsoft Office (PPT), LinkedIn
- Willingness to adapt and be engaged in continuous learning and development
- Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience Application:
- Master's Degree or terminal degree in the area of instruction or a closely related field
- Professionally engaged through professional association affiliations and/or consulting services
- Experience teaching/using course management software and group facilitation
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vita (uploaded)
- Contact information for three current references
- Letter of interest (uploaded)
- Optional survey
A review of applications will begin on November 29, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities
for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020
as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy
. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled