- Position Summar
- (Classified as: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II)
Full-time position available on or after December 1, 2021 in the Office of Extended & International Education.
Under the general supervision of the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications in the Office of Extended & International Education, this position will coordinate marketing operations including administration of the marketing automation system (Pardot) and the Customer Relations Management (CRM) (Salesforce/EDA), maximizing benefits for all end-users.
- Job Duties
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Build, design, implement, and maintain workflows for automated email/direct mail campaigns.
- Analyze performance metrics to aid in enhancing the content for target engagement and conversion.
- Support, enhance, and modify drip campaigns to enhance, replace or add messaging as needed, based on feedback and campaign performance.
- Create landing pages to support all lead generation activities.
- Troubleshoot any reported errors, ensuring that campaigns fire as designed, opt-outs are processed successfully, and correct variable fields are being used for personalization.
- Identify process improvements in Salesforce, Pardot, Wrike, and other software tools.
- Perform administration functions such as security user management, profiles, roles, permissions, workflow, and assignment rules
- Responsible for correcting any data issues within the system and keeping the application up to date
- Communicate effectively with Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications to identify and address areas for improvement
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing
- Work closely with MarCom in creating strategic marketing campaigns to support marketing initiatives.
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Document customizations made in Salesforce.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases, and long term projects.
- Provide copy when necessary for marketing campaigns and conduct quality control on all copy provided.
- Manage all projects for the MarCom department and schedule tasks.
- Run weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Perform maintenance, end-user training, execute best practices, and user support.
- Create and maintain marketing automation through Pardot for drip campaigns and email blasts.
- Maintain and create lists and campaigns for information sessions and its email automation.
- Manage dashboards, reports, forms, templates, layouts and provide business insights from dashboard metrics, continuously monitoring data quality and integrity.
- Maintain and edit automated emails.
- Responsible for the overall system architecture and key integrations.
- Serve as project manager for all marketing projects and related tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule tasks per campaign and/or projects.
- Attend weekly MarCom meetings.
- Assist in copywriting for marketing projects/tasks such as email drip campaigns, ads, blog posts, among others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education : A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training OR a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Experience : Minimum of five years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Two years of experience with editing, querying, organizing, and managing data, preferably in higher education (Salesforce EDA/Education Cloud experience a plus).
- Copywriting experience.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Relevant Salesforce certifications, including Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist.
- Experience with Salesforce declarative automation tools (for instance, Salesforce Flow builder).
- Experience in using Wrike as a project management tool.
- Experience with Slack for internal department communications.
- Two or more years of experience with Salesforce and Pardot.
- Salesforce administration skills: ability to build and maintain Salesforce custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, dashboards, and reports.
- Experience in using Salesforce Community/Experience Cloud.
- Automated email marketing experience.
- Experience with Pardot marketing automation tools, like Engagement Studio, Automation Rules, Segmentation Rules, and Completion Actions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Expert knowledge of CAN-SPAM and opt-in and opt-opt best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated success in effectively driving results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work with technical/development resources to define system requirements for key system integrations (particularly related to Peoplesoft/Salesforce data integration).
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management.
- Expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to
- Develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions.
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations. Demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
- Special Conditions
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at:
- Physical Requirements
- This position may work remotely and/or on-site.
- Salary Range
- Anticipated salary will be $4,693 - $5,397 per month plus excellent paid benefits. Salary will depend on the qualifications of the successful finalist. (Full Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt II range: $4,693 - $8,489 per month)
- Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a member of the 23-campus CSU System, we offer an extremely competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. Link to (Bargaining Unit: 9) Benefits Summary: CSU Employee Benefit Summary
- How to Apply
- To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed Stanislaus State online employment application, cover letter, and resumé. Applications are accepted electronically only. Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration. To apply online, please click the "Apply Now" button on this page.
Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees.
- Application Deadline
- OPEN UNTIL FILLED; SCREENING TO BEGIN ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 4,2021. (Applications received after the screening date will be considered at the discretion of the university.)
- Criminal Background Clearance Notice
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
- Additional Information
- Campus & Area
California State University, Stanislaus serves the San Joaquin Valley and is a critical educational resource for a six-county region of approximately 1.5 million people. The University is fully committed to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion - one in which every person in the University community feels safe to express their views without fear of reprisal. Widely recognized for its quality academic programs, the University has 10 nationally accredited programs and 662 faculty members. 94 percent of full-time faculty holds doctorates or terminal degrees in their fields. The University offers 43 undergraduate majors, 16 master's programs, 7 post-graduate credentials, a doctorate in education and serves more than 10,000 students. New instructional facilities have been built for the unique pedagogy of professional programs, laboratory sciences and performing arts.
Stanislaus State continues to receive national recognition with its ranking as one of the best 384 colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The University was one of 12 public universities in the nation to be recognized by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities for demonstrating exceptional performance in retention and graduation rates. In addition, U.S. News and World Report ranks Stanislaus State in its top 10 among public universities in the West, while Washington Monthly honored Stanislaus State as the West's No. 1 university for the money. Stanislaus State also is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education.
Clery Act Disclosure
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the annual security report (ASR), is now available for viewing at https://www.csustan.edu/annual-campus-security-report. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Stanislaus State for the previous three years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the office of the Clery Director located at One University Circle, Turlock, CA 95382.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised 7/21/17, as a condition of employment.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability PDF Form.
CSU Stanislaus hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The individuals who appear to be the best qualified for this position will be contacted by telephone or email for an interview.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled