CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Assistant, Health Information Management Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Clinical Services and Health Informatics, serves as an Administrative Support Assistant, Health Information Management for the Klotz Student Health Center which includes telephones, reception, appointment scheduling, immunization verification counseling, correspondence, and medical record review.
• Answers a six-line telephone console, screens calls, takes and relays messages and schedules appointments for all providers using Point n Click.
• Audits electronic health records to ascertain that they are complete and in appropriate order.
• Answers a variety of questions regarding the Student Health Center policies and services, Health Education programs, immunization verification, Family Pact, Medi-Cal, and community resources available by referral from the Student Health Center.
• Scans paper documents into the electronic health record in the appropriate section and confirms the appropriate upload location and acknowledges document.
• Provides coverage as needed for the Health Information Management department during staffing shortages and lunch hours and assists at the front reception desk; assists with release of Information requests; assists annually in the purging and destruction of inactive medical records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3C56TqE
• Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time, general office clerical work that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
• Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and office methods and basic filing systems procedures and practices.
• Ability and specialized skills to: organize, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks; learn, identify, and independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; review and resolve routine clerical problems.
• Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; prepare and draft memoranda and correspondence; keep moderately complex records and files.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; operate standard office equipment, and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 1032 / ASA II / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $2912 - $3200, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $2912 - $4592 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through November 2, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• The Student Health Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and as such, will recommend certain vaccinations or screenings free of charge for the successful candidate.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California