Description: Working Title
Business AnalystSF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.Department
College of Extended LearningAppointment Type
This is a one-year probationary position.Time Base
Full-Time (1.0)Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pmAnticipated Hiring Range
$5,833 to $6,666 per month ($69,996 to $79,992 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.Position Summary
The Business Analyst will provide functional support for the PeopleSoft student administrative system (Campus Solutions) and Salesforce CRM for the College of Extended Learning and will receive work assignments from their lead, the Director of Enrollment. Provides the interface between technical resources and stakeholders to define, discuss, and document requirements and solutions, analyze and propose changes to those requirements, where appropriate, for a best fit within the overall PeopleSoft structure and the functional organization operational choices; in similar fashion, help design/specify work with technical staff and business side customers when enhancing/customizing applications in the Campus Solutions environment. The Business Analyst coordinates testing of new applications, maintenance packs, upgrades to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing user training. Defines and develop test scenarios required for acceptance and system testing. Maintains help desk documentation for SME and any recommendations for process/procedure improvements. Establishes and manages liaison relationship with department operational users to provide technical solutions. Manages functional user security and coordinates the operational support for the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system and Salesforce CRM for the College of Extended Learning.Position Information
Campus Solutions and Salesforce Operational Support
- Liaise between technical and operational resources to provide system solutions
- Analyze and propose system changes for improvements
- Design/specify enhancements/customizations to improve efficiency
- Coordinate testing and implementation of new applications, maintenance packs, upgrades
- Define and develop test scenarios
- Provide system documentation
- Coordinate operational support for systems
- Manage user security
- Propose, analyze, coordinate implementation of new technologies
- Establish and manage relations with operational users
- Production of reports using query manager and other reporting tools
- Automating CS activities through batch jobs
- Resolving issues related to CS System
CS Term Activities
- Setup term session and academic tables
- Setup adjustment calendar
- Setup due date calendars
- Setup term fees
- Setup enrollment appointments
- Setup permission numbers
- Setup of grade rosters and posting of grades
- Setup of CS communication module for automated emails to students
Other Duties as Assigned.Minimum Qualifications
A basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Information Technology Consultant, depending on the nature of the position assignment, may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
Typically, incumbents have acquired the requisite skills and knowledge through a combination of education, training, and progressive work experience to be able to demonstrate competence in independently applying technical judgment to standard and nonstandard applications and systems, solving a wide range of problems and developing practicable and thorough solutions, and using effective communication and listening skills. Incumbents at this level work relatively independently and possess the experience to be fully proficient in performing most or all of the work assignments defined for their position.
A background check (which may include: checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related fields
- Minimum of two years hands-on experience with PeopleSoft SA 9.0 and Salesforce CRM preferably at a community college or university environment; solid working knowledge of all phases of the application development lifecycle (implementation, support, upgrades and optimization of PS Campus Solutions).
- Minimum two (2) years in relational data warehouse applications and business intelligence implementation, using SQL development.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (Student Records, Admissions and Recruitments, Student Financials, or Financial Aid); Knowledge of PeopleSoft Query Manager and other reporting tools such as Hyperion, Oracle OBIEE, etc.
- Advance knowledge of SQL query composition.
- Working knowledge of Oracle database administration, network configuration, and performance tuning in the SQL language.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong statistical and analytical skill set.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently, as well as part of a team, with a commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop strong and productive working relationships with colleagues within campus community and outside organizations.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and initiative.
- Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and application-oriented information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with large data sets and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of student records, finance, and fee analysis in a public or private higher education environment
- Familiarity with Big Data Analytics
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Strong project management/technical lead experience
- Knowledge of extended learning and international students policies and procedures
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
Must be able to work for extended periods at computer terminals. This position requires phone work in assistingPre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.Employment Requirement
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: October 4, 2022