Department: DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
Division: ADMIN - STATE PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-SPWD ADMINISTRATION
Work Type: PERMANENT
*Pay Grade: GRADE 38
Salary Range: $58,380.48 - $87,320.16
Fulltime/Parttime: Full Time
Recruiter: DARRELL MORLAN
Phone: 775 684-0126
This is an IT Professional 2 position for the Department of Administration, State Public Works Division, located in Carson City Nevada. The incumbent will be supervised by the Management Analyst 4 and serve as the sole, non-EITS support for the administrative group. The incumbent is an integral member of the team and is responsible for providing IT support to 100+ staff and serves as a lead worker to lower-level IT staff as assigned. The incumbent will provide support to various sections of the division, including technical programming to aid in project management of the CIP program, procurement of computer and software equipment as needed, and administration of the technology section of the agency budget. The incumbent will be responsible for all technical decisions involved in creating specialized programs for agency use.
Good customer service skills are required, as well as the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel. The candidate will need to possess superior documentation skills and the ability to function as a member in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will have experience troubleshooting technical issues, working with critical production systems, and performing independent research to resolve technical issues. This position may have to travel to southern Nevada for training or other IT-related issues.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-7_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or closely related field and two years of progressively responsible professional IT experience relevant to the duties of the position which may include computer operations, systems administration, network administration, database administration, and/or applications analysis and development; OR two years of experience as an IT Professional I in Nevada State service; OR four years of relevant technical experience as an IT Technician IV or above in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Programming experience with MS Access is required.
Desktop and MS office support experience in a Windows environment is required.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- Travel up to 25% of the time is required.
- Working evenings, weekends, and/or holidays may be required.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Carson City
Nearest Secondary Market: Reno