Description If you are looking for a job in a close-knit atmosphere where you can fulfill a deeper sense of purpose with a group of professionals who are committed to excellence, we'd love to have you on our team! Hanover County Community Services Board is one of 40 public behavioral health safety net providers in Virginia. At Hanover County CSB, we partner with individuals to provide services in the areas of mental health, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities in their efforts to lead satisfying and productive lives in their communities. We are committed to providing recovery and person-centered services with a focus on continuous quality improvement. General Description :
This is a professional position. The incumbent performs complex tasks to provide direct clinical, mental health and/or substance use disorder services to residents of Hanover County, to include crisis services. These services may be provided in a variety of settings to include an outpatient clinic, in the client's home or in the community. Organization :
The Clinician position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Program (CD). The Clinician Ladder has four (4) levels: Clinician I, II, III and IV. Incumbents normally report to a Clinical Supervisor and only the clinician III or IV may supervise limited staff or provide licensure supervision. Essential Functions :
Working Conditions :
- Conducts initial screenings to determine services needs and appropriateness of requested services.
- Provides initial diagnostic assessments and develops service plans.
- Provides individual, family and group therapy.
- Provides outreach, crisis intervention, and pre-admission screenings.
- Provides treatment planning and case coordination for assigned cases.
- Completes paperwork, documentation and files as required.
- Participates in consultation and education activities in the community as assigned.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- May work outside of regular business hours
- May interact with challenging family situations.
C. Physical Effort
D. Exempt Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
: Knowledge of and skills in human behavior change strategies and techniques, crisis intervention theory and techniques, DSM assessment and diagnosis, and various mental health treatment modalities/ethical issues in MH and SUD service delivery, required. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work effectively while managing multiple goals and processes, required. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, staff, Board members, and community groups. Computer Literacy required. Education, Experience and Training
: Master's degree in a degree that leads to a clinical license required with a minimum of six (6) months clinical experience. - OR
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. Higher levels on the Career Ladder require additional education and experience and require certification as a LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor). Special Conditions:
Revision Date :
- Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License
- TB test
- CPS (Child Protective Services) Check
- Twelve-month probationary period
- Scheduled hours to include evenings and weekends as appropriate
Closing Date/Time: Continuous