About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The Denver Public Library is hiring Facilities Maintenance Technicians to create and maintain safe and functional spaces for customers and staff. Support our goal of customer service by performing skilled work in a trade specialty and assisting other skilled trade workers in a variety of facility and maintenance areas. This position will also assist with snow removal and will participate in the stand by program in order to respond to after hours emergencies.About You
Our ideal candidate has apprenticeship experience and is motivated by work that serves Denver communities. Additionally, they have:
- Knowledge of facility maintenance to be able to identify, maintain and repair equipment.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment and decision making in solving problems.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and applying information from blueprints, written guidelines and standardized work practices to a variety of situations.
- Skill in diagnosing, maintaining and repairing a variety of equipment, facilities and machinery.
- Skill in maintaining and organizing files, records, and documents.
- Skill in using a variety of snow removal equipment.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding position with continuous lifting of objects that can weigh up to 25-50 pounds.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to use technology including email, internet, databases, eMedia, social media and other software.
- Ability to pass a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
We know your time is valuable. Please only apply if you meet the following requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A current Colorado driver's license with a good driving record.
- Completion of a trades apprenticeship program OR three years of experience working as an apprentice.
This opening will remain posted until filled. Please submit an application at your earliest convenience in order to be considered.About Everything Else
LJ2742 Facility Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$23.91 - $35.86
$23.91 - $26.90 per hour, depending on qualifications
Denver Public Library
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here